fbpx

Reply: Passed from first attempt!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed from first attempt!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3645

Anton Byelikov

Hi All,
I have passed an exam on 30.07 from first attempt! You can't imagine how happy I am :-)
My preparation was: 10 weeks of PM Prepcast, reading PMBOK, Exam Simulator and answering free sample questions from internet. I also studied and practiced all formulas and tried to remember as much ITTO as possible using flash cards. I've spent approximately 20 hours/week on preparation.
My results in the sample tests were:
1) PM Prepcast - 5 tests with results between 71% and 83%
2) Oliver Lehman's 75 questions - 69%

My result in the PMP exam was 4x Proficcient and 1x Moderately Proficient!

Some experiences from the exam itself:
- For almost all questions there were more than 1 right answer and it was difficult to choose one. I was not sure about too many questions...and I felt I was failing the test all the way through until I saw my results!
- Questions in the exam were shorter than in the PM Prepcast Simulator. There was no so much off-topic info. The questions in the real exam were more complex though
- I have chosen German help aid and it helped me in some cases(even that my native language is not German). While English questions were very loosely (ambiguously) defined, German translations were sharp and precise!
- After 2 hours I have answered only 100 questions and actually I didn't have time for a pause. Still I made a 5 min pause, which was very helpful. I realized why I'm so slow - this was because I tried to find out why my choice was right and 3 others were wrong.That was very time consuming. I decided to change the attitude - just select the best matching answer using my instinct and first feeling. It worked well. I unswered the rest 100 questions in 1:35 and had 20 minutes in the end to review the marked questions
- I managed to unswer some questions very quickly, because I knew the ITTOs of a process by heart.

And the last and the most important - don't let the test irritate you! Stay cool and believe in success until the end, whatever happens ;)

Good Luck to all,
Anton

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login