fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed on last day of PMP 4th edition

Passed on last day of PMP 4th edition 10 years 7 months ago #3635

• Emeric
  • Emeric's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi everyone,

I'm glad to share with you that I passed PMP 4th edition on July 30th. :woohoo: Good luck to 5th edition.

I started 3 months ago and targeted 4th edition due to the lack of 5th edition study material at that time.

- I studied using HeadFirst book which was really good to give you an overview of the PMBOK material so I hope they will update it for 5th. Headfirst is missing out on several key subjects, especially EVM and procurements calculations. You have to check lessons learned (check pmzilla website) to identify those gaps and learn them from other books or online. I also have Rita which I used for procurements and few other concepts
- Key is to read PMBOK at least twice to have the wording and all the details in mind.
- Build keyword lists to review them regularly.
- Key to pass is to practice a lot of exams and review all your incorrect answers to understand why you fail.
- Whether you have to learn ITTO by heart can be debated, but you have definitely have to learn the workflow between the various processes (eg: work perf info/measurements, perf. reports, res. calendars...) and what each do.
- Exam emphasizes a lot of the diagram tools so you have to know them in detail and what they are used for (control charts, run charts...) and also critical path calculations (float calculation, CP identification)
- I would advise to take easier mock exams first, then the hard ones (eg: 75 & 200 Lehmann). Be careful with free exams available online due to their bad wording and questionable content, I would prefer to pay for good ones.

Good luck! :cheer:
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login