fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 29th july

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 29th july

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 7 months ago #3627

Syed Jafar Hussain

's Avatar

Hi Everyone,

I passed PMP on 29th July in my first attempt (PMBOK 4th edition).

Although I had bought the books and prepcast for long time, but I really put focus in last two months after taking appointment for exam.

Here are my experiences and three key points:

1) Take the appointment, if you really need to focus and get motivated. Otherwise, you can get delayed for months.

2) PMBOK is the key for exam; about 95% questions are covered from the book and you should try to know and understand every line of the book.

- I used Rita's book and prep-cast to understand the topics and logic for the whole framework.
- I would advise to first go through PMBOK, then study Rita or listen prep-cast, then do simulation exams/questions to understand how topics appear in exam and then read PMBOK (in detail) according to exam view point.
- There are lot of questions for earned value management, but formula questions are always easy. So, study and prepare them well because these questions are easy and give you confidence during the exam (that you are doing good).
- There are quite some questions for tools and techniques; best way is to understand each process and try to answer by eliminating obviously wrong choices. So, you might not remember the exact ITTO for particular process, but you will know that what should not be the choice for any particular one.
- Put special focus on ITTO in Executing and Monitoring & Control. These domains have not so many processes, but they make high percentage of exam questions.

3) Use exam simulators; do at least 4 full exams and practice as many questions as you can.

- I will highly rate "PM Exam Simulator", since difficulty level is same as in real exam and you can practice by knowledge area and domain.

- Exams on PM study are also good. (check if they revised for PMBOK 5th edition)

- If you are PMI member, then first use free ebook "PMP Exam Prep: Questions, Answers, & Explanations", by Christopher Scordo pmi.books24x7.com/ (for PMBOK 4th edition, but should be still helpful)

Thanks to PM Prepcast team for valuable preparation material and their professional approach. :cheer:

Best Regards.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login