fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP Exam (22-July-2013)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP Exam (22-July-2013)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3606

Kaneta Alexander

Congratulations and thank you for the tip.
10 years 8 months ago #3603

Gaurav Bansal

Hey All,

I passed the PMP Exam today in New Delhi (India).

Studied for 11 weeks and it was my first attempt.

I started with PM Prepcast Video sessions (since I couldn't follow PMBOK initially). I loved the easy methodology and the sufficiently elaborate lessons. It helped me to pick up the concepts and make a strong foundation. Thank to Cornelius for it.
After completing video sessions, I started studying from an alternate book and appeared for 1 hour knowledge-area test after studying from the book. This helped me to get acquainted with the question types.

Then, in last 4 weeks I decided to start with the full length- tests. However, I was not doing too well with them. Indeed my first 4 tests on ‘The PM Exam Simulator’ were below average. I was not able to score more than 64% in any of them.
But I was determined; I kept studying the alternate book over and over again to fill my knowledge gaps.

Also, I prepared the PMBOK Process-chart well. It helped me to connect various processes.

Finally, I took 2 more Full-Length tests and was able to score more than 75% in both. This gave me confidence and continued to fill in my knowledge-gaps. At times, it was very tiring and I used to get exhausted. But I did not leave it and I was hell-bent to clear the exam.

Finally, I appeared this morning and passed it.

My advice is simple: Keep things simple and do not get bogged down by low test scores. Keep working and you surely can make it.

Cheers !!!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login