fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3601

Inderpreet

's Avatar

I am glad to announce everyone that I cleared my PMP exam on the first attempt. The exam was a real bouncer but I somehow cracked it through God's grace and help of PMP Prep Cast

I thought to share some of the stuff that might help you
1. Revise the Tools and Techniques like you can answer them straight out of your sleep
2. Do Risk Management , procurement Mgmt and Time Management more than you do others
3. Critical Chain and Float alone had 6-8 questions. I knew them very well, so that gave me an edge
4. Planning had more questions than execution somehow and was very conceptual. If you do not have practical experience, it gonna be tough to ace that portion. Every 2nd answer was down with two "Best answers" and it was so difficult to select out of those two, especially in the planning phase
5. Do closure process well. I neglected that and paid a price. It was the most tough portion for me and I scored "Below proficient" in that. Thanks to planning that I could compensate for it (Else I wouldnt have been able to help you today ;)

Best of luck to everyone and believe me ...There is no substitute to hard work.
I did two to three books (PMP book at the end).
Recommendations
1. Do PMP book after the help book..Rita is good
2. Do as much questions as possible. There are plenty of free questions available on the net. I did more than 1500 questions
www.pmi-mcac.org/index.php?option=com_co...ons&catid=77:general
3. Make notes and revise them. Wish I could send the notes I made,..I made the notes from three books, question banks, prep Cast but now they are voluminous (Over 200 pages and hence impossible to scan them ) and I just did that in last 20 days.
Thank you for all the help
Best of luck

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login