fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Knocked it out of the box!!!

Knocked it out of the box!!! 10 years 8 months ago #3555

• Ade Ajayi
  • Ade Ajayi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Passed the PMP first attempt 07.11.13. Lesson learned - stopped buying Tylenol PM, PMBOK works equally effectively. I just could not do it as hard as I tried, guess what PMP Certification All-in-One for Dummies by Cynthia Snyder is the PMBOK with meat on the bone. It contains everything in the PMBOK and more, talks to you like you in pre-school and doesn't leave out tangible information. If you can't have fun while studying then stick with high tech and super advanced Rita.
Went through every lesson on PrepCast at least twice, some 3, skipped most of the interviews and extra stuff. Took some quiz, four of the nine practise exams under the gruesome 4hr conditions, usually between 2am and 6am and solved all the 105 practice calculation questions from PMP formula guide portion of PrepCast. Had all my formulas and the processes table down during the 15mins of tutorial. Honed my process of elimination technique, every question had an answer flashing at you the second you finish reading the question, but on closer observation and taking a second look pink usually isn't red just a variation. Rarely pick the first answer, till you have read every answer, remember we are looking for the best answer.
Visited my center a week in advance, went to bed early, had a bottle of protein shake in the morning, skipped caffeine, your nerves don't need the extra excitement on a morning like this. This took about 3months but it was a fun three months.

Knocked it out of the box!!! 10 years 8 months ago #3600

• TT
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thank you for sharing your experience, i appreciate that.

Congratulation!!! On passing your PMP.

TT

Reply: Knocked it out of the box!!! - 6 years 6 months ago #11788

• dobre paski wybielające zęby opinie
  • dobre paski wybielające zęby opinie's Avatar
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Very soon this website will be famous among all blogging users,
due to it's good articles

Knocked it out of the box!!! 6 years 6 months ago #11963

• Jada Garrett
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Ade, you are hilarious! congrats! my first time around, I tried reading the PMBOK and always fell asleep as well. needless to say, I never took the exam, because I wasn't prepared. So I started looking for a better study plan and came across PrepCast. I read these forums and decided on PMBOK, Rita, and PrepCast and the rest is history.
But everyone has a different appetite. so I'm glad you were able to successfully get the information, in the format you needed, from the All-in-one book, and even called it FUN!!
congrats again. you're awesome
Jada Garrett, PMP
Community Moderator
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login