fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed the PMP Test Last Week

Passed the PMP Test Last Week 10 years 10 months ago #3457

• Michael Beyers
  • Michael Beyers's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I started studying for the PMP exam in mid-January. I had purchased a few study guides, and signed up and took an online course that was mediocre, but at least it got me digging into the PMBOK. Very unsatisfied with my learning progress, I went in search of another course. I found the PMP Prepcast, enrolled and my studies took a turn for the better. The class is well organized, I liked the format and Cornelius’s style is very engaging, and also it brings a lot of relevance to the material that you would not get by going through the PMBOK guide alone. I took the advice to develop a personalized study plan and used that as the foundation of my studies, and I stuck to it. I also acquired Rita Mulcahy’s PMP Exam Prep. That, with the PMP Prepcast became my two primary learning sources.

I enrolled in two simulated PMP Exam programs – the PM-Exam-Simulator and PM-Perfect. Initially I used these to test my comprehension of the knowledge areas as I studied them. The trend graph in PM-Perfect was very useful for that. As I neared the end of the Prep-cast studies, the tests/quizzes became a diagnostic tool to evaluate my overall test taking strategy and to identify areas of weakness. After each test I’d review ALL answers –for correct answers- to make sure my reasoning/logic was intact; where I missed-I would read the explanation thoroughly and go back to the PMBOK guide and PMP Exam Prep to review further. My strategy was to answer 100 questions in 100 minutes – break – then continue at the same pace- that would leave me with sufficient time at the end for review of any marked questions.

By the last month of studies, I took a quiz per day, minimum, and continued the diagnostics and review of material. I took the PMP Exam last week, stuck to my strategy and had the time to check all the items I had marked and even had time to check some other questions. It was a great relief to see the Congratulations message after completing the post-test survey.

Thanks for a great course! I highly recommend it to anyone preparing to take the PMP Exam.

Best Regards,

Michael Beyers MBA, SSBB, PMP
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login