fbpx

Reply: PMP Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
10 years 8 months ago #3551

balwinder

's Avatar

HI I am appearing in 30th july 2013.
10 years 10 months ago #3373

Muhammad Butt

Hi Everyone,

I passed my PMP exam on the 3rd of April 2013. The exam experience was unique and enjoyable. :cheer:
These are my lessons learned for the exam. The exam was time consuming and I had my last question answered with 10 seconds remaining and then the congratulations message which just made my day.

My study materials for the PMP exam was the PM PrepCast videos and Rita 7th edition based on PMBOK 4th edition. I attempted 2,477 PMP sample questions before the actual exam. The more sample questions you will attempt, the better chance you have to pass the exam, what it does is, you will be able to see the best answer from the given answer choices. All PMP questions are lengthy in nature apart from few which are based on ITTO's. My exam was focused on cost, procurement, quality, scope, time and risk management. Most process group phases were highly focused on execution and monitoring and not to mention closing. Please pay special attention to the below areas and try to make them your strong points. My lessons learned below is my own experience for the exam and this should not be taken as guideline to study just for these topics below, rather, you should read Rita's book at least three times while attempting all the chapter questions.

1) Project charter
2) OPA
3) Total and free float.
4) Plan quality
5) Quality assurance
6) Pareto charts, Scatter diagram
7) Performance reports
8) TCPI
9) PERT for total project estimate, SD and AV
10) Calculations on CPI, SPI, EAC, VAC, ETC, CPI cumulative
11) Change control management
12) RACI
13) HR, team building, performance appraisals, Conflict, Motivation theories
14) Communication channels, stakeholder register, stakeholder management strategy
15) Risk management, qualitative TT, risk response strategies, contingency reserve calculation, Monitor and control risks, EMV
16) Distribute information, work performance measurements, work performance information, responsibility assignment matrix
17) Administrative closure
18) Procurements, contracts, bidder conferences, contract change control, arbitration, Incentive fee calculation, T&M, audits, payment schedule, sellers qualified list, proposal review, conflict, make or buy analysis and decision, procurement statement of work, buyer versus seller risk
21) Termination of projects, cost benefit calculation of Present value, Sunk costs, double declining depreciation, control accounts, fund limit reconciliation

Good Luck to all of you.

Best Regards,

Faisal Butt

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login