fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Lesson Learned to pass PMP in 2 months!

Lesson Learned to pass PMP in 2 months! 11 years 3 months ago #3053

• Fan Fong Poon
  • Fan Fong Poon's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi all,

I passed my PMP in Dec 2012 while I only started to study in Oct 2012 in about 2 months' time first attempt with 5Ps!!!

I found it very important to set-up the Project Plan in the beginning. Also the PM PrepCast materials here did help me a lot. Thank you!
Here is my PP-
1st week -- read PMBOK; Remember to take note!
2nd week -- try to do some preparation exam questions. You may try 50 questions a time. I believe 4 times will be enough. You will be able to find out which areas you are weak in.
3rd-4th week -- revisit PMBOK as well as other Prep. text book (usually 1 is sufficient. too mamy may make you confused). You may feel lost some time as you are working on areas you are not good at. You may want to take a rest and practice the "math" exam questions. You may find it fun to work this way.
5th week -- try to do 200 questions full prep exam (2 sets should be fine) and again find out areas you may lose the points. Remember to take note of what has been done wrong.
6th-7th week -- listen to The PM PrepCast audio/video episodes particulary for those chapters you are unsure. I did find that the explanation in the PrepCast course is very easy to understand especially for those difficult concepts whereby no straightforward example is in the PMBOK. You may do more exam questions too. Remember to take note!
8th week -- Read your notebook and do 1-2 more full set-up Prep exams

Hope this helps!

Now my next goal is to earn 60 PDUs for the following 3 years to maintain PMP!
Last edit: by Yolanda Mabutas.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login