fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP on 09-OCT-2012 (4P&1MP) - First Attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP on 09-OCT-2012 (4P&1MP) - First Attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 5 months ago #2956

Rachu

Thanks Saravana for sharing your experience.
Regards, R.
11 years 5 months ago #2953

Khurram Hussain

Congratulations Saravana! Thanks for sharing the LLs :)

Regards,

Khurram Hussain, PMP, CSSBB
11 years 5 months ago #2951

Saravana Kumar Shanmugam

Hi All,

I started my preparation in the beginning of August 2012. I first went through the PM Prepcast videos. Got the 35 contact hour certificate. Applied for PMP exam and once I got approved, I started my actual preparation.

Read Rita Mulcahy's 7th edition completely once and revised the same. Since I have watched the PM Prepcast videos earlier, it helped me understand the concepts easily.
Attempted all the question on Rita Mulcahy's Fast track (knowledge area wise) and read the explanation of the answers irrespective of whether I answered correctly or not.
Attempted 3 exams on PM Exam Simulator and scored around 75%
Read PMBOK guide once.
Attempted 4 more exams on PM Exam Simulator and scored around 85%

No need to by heart each and every input, output, tools and techniques. But after going through the above process, at the end I was able to logically remember more than 70% of those.

Felt very confident and booked for the exam and gave it on 09-OCT-2012. I felt the exam was fairly easy after all my preparation and practice tests. I scored 4 Proficient (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling) and 1 Moderately Proficient (Closing).

My entire preparation was for 2 months. But I worked hard in these two months, spent most of my free time in reading something or taking practice tests.

All the very best for all aspiring PMPs.

Thanks.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login