fbpx

Reply: PMP passed

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP passed

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 5 months ago #2933

Rachu

Congrats Veronika for becoming a PMP and thanks for sharing the views. I am pretty sure these will help others at least me.
Regards, R.
11 years 5 months ago #2929

Veronika Rodionova

Hello everyone,

I've become PMP on 5th October.

PM Prepcast helped me a lot in the emotional way - that encouraged me greatly.

I used PM Prepcast, Rita's Prep book, Rita's Prep audio book and PM FASTrack by Rita.
I want to point out the most important moments as I see them:

1. Try different ways of learning. I became a little frustrated during long reading of Rita's book. So I switched to listening - and I felt really relieved - I started to absorb information much faster. You MUST come through all knowledge areas. Ideally, 2 times - back and forth.
2. You MUST schedule your exam. Do not try to study everything and only then schedule. Didn't work for me. When I had three weeks left before the exam - only then I became focused and most effective.
3. Last weekend before the exam date I spent answering the PM FASTrack questions and analysing my mistakes. You really should spend about 8-16 hours working with simulation tools. That will bring you in the right state of mind (and you really want to think as a true PMP, aren't you?)
4. Formulas and diagrams. Clear out all difficulties and misunderstandings at these fields. I've drawn about 15 network diagrams, found critical paths, and analysed near-critical paths. Formulas are not that difficult, they are logical. Develop the sense of understanding that logic and you'll save a lot of unnecessary nerves on the exam.
5. Do not overstudy. Everything in your head should be structured and accurate, not messy!
6. These 4 hours of the exam are a real challenge and exhausting, but they are really worth it. Keep breathing, do not panic, try to answer all questions at first view and mark for review problematic ones. At the end of exam it is much better to go through reviewing, than answering completely unanswered - you will be very tired, and that is not a joke.

Anyway, this is only my point of view, I am pretty sure that there's a unique method of studying for every single person.
I wish everyone the best luck on becoming a greater and certified Project Manager!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login