Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
Passed on April 12, 2012
5 years 10 months ago #2802
The materials I used besides the PrepCast were:
1) Rita Mulcahy's PMP Exam Prep - Seventh Edition
2) The PMP Exam: How to pass on your first try by Andy Crowe
On a whole, I think I preferred Andy's book, but I think it was useful to use both books because the combination helped me solidify the material in my head. I also liked taking the practice exams in each book. Sometimes Rita would explain a concept better, other times Andy would.
I thought the math in particular was better explained in Andy's book.
That's it! I have to confess, however, I was really quite nervous during the test and felt like it could have gone either way. I would have liked to have felt more confident during the test and maybe I would have gotten that by studying more material... we'll never know.
A few lessons learned:
1) Cornelius Fichtner recommends signing up for the exam so you have a date to work towards. I think that's a fine idea, however, PMI just changed their rules and now you must pay $70 to reschedule your exam. I rescheduled it 3 times! I didn't anticipate getting sick one week. My daughter had pink eye and couldn't go to day care for 3 days. Things happen. And honestly, studying took way more time than I anticipated.
2) There was less math than I anticipated.
3) During the exam, I couldn't believe how many tricky questions there were. As in, I couldn't figure out the difference between 2 possible answers. The wording... it was so tricky! Hats off to the non-native English speakers who pass this exam. I'm a native English speaker and I really struggled sometimes to understand what the heck they were saying.
Best of luck to everyone out there! This is a tough exam, but you will feel amazing when you pass it.
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.