fbpx

Reply: PMP Passed 4/10/12

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Passed 4/10/12

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
11 years 11 months ago #2769

Dan Howard

's Avatar

Well I passed my PMP Exam today on my 1st attempt - It is nice to get the exam out of the way! I scored Proficient in all domain areas with the exception of Closing in which I received Moderately Proficient. I did much better than I anticipated I would. I was not exactly sure of what to expect for the exam and had heard that many of the free mock exams available were simply too easy. Outside of my own efforts, I would have to give the bulk of the credit of my success to Andy Crowe & Cornelius Fichtner for the great mock exams, books and podcasts that I used as my foundation for preparation. Using these tools, along with the PMBOK guide as a cross reference, worked very well for me in the end. The exam was challenging, with some questions seemingly simple & straightforward, while many others required considerable thought to understand the question’s meaning and intent. I did complete a brain dump of all 42 processes / EV formulas, but never used it. It’s a funny thing, if you can do a brain dump of the processes and major formulas in just a few minutes then you really do not need to do it in the first place. My brain was conditioned to give me the right formula or process interaction when I needed it. Just my personal experience. Best of luck to all those in the process of obtaining their PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login