fbpx

Reply: Pass PMP with a structured approach

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Pass PMP with a structured approach

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 1 month ago #2718

Prakash KR

's Avatar

1. I took a 5 day prep-course in Oct 2011 sponsored by my company.
2. I submitted my PMP exam application in Nov 2011.
3. I scheduled my exam for 7 Feb 2012.
4. I started prep from early Jan studying 2-3 hours everyday weekends longer. Details below in 1.
5. My feedback is to allow 2 months atleast for going through materials, digesting loads of information and taking atleast 5 full PMP exams to be confident. The use of full exams besides learning is to get to a discipline in taking the 4 hr exam.
6. I had a mpp plan laid out and had to rebaseline twice but it helped to view where you are and align it once in 2-3 days.

Prep Details:
1. My first material was PM Prep cast. I listed to most of the videos.
2. I read PMBOK once fully and selected sections second time. Recommendation, read twice for best results paced over 1 month.
3. I had Andy Crowe, How to pass PMP on first try. Didnt fully read it as I felt PMBOK was sufficient (but a little lengthy).
4. I captured key formulas and revised them regularly and PMBOK page 43 as well.
5. I took 2 full exams, one from Andy Crowe simulation and one from IIL PMQ IQ. Besides, I took a number of Q/A on specific section/domains.
6. Pls allow 2 months of time to digest all information and learn by understanding and experience. This helps a lot as you cant memorize all of them.

My suggestion is to lock down one provider esp PM Prepcast suite by Cornelius which covers study coach, formulas, flash cards and simulation exam. Since I started a little earlier planning, I went to different sources for each and realized a all-in-one stop a little too late.

All the best to future PMP candidates...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login