fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Did Not Pass

Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2706

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
:angry: I studied for 6 months and used all of the techniques and study guides suggested. I was below proficient in all areas. I finished the exam with plenty of time left. I cannot say with confidence that any of the student materials I used helped me, including PM Prepcast. I sat for the exam back in September 2011 and have not opened a study guide since. I'm never one to give up but this is a but discouraging. Any ideas or suggestions??

Re:Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2707

• Gbolahan Okulaja
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Some of us has gone thru your experience b4.It is not a new thing. There is a common saying that the down fall(failure)of man is not the end of his life.
First, just believe that God can help us out of the situation.
Secondly, I have some questions to ask you.
1)How many practice questions did you do? Did you score up to 80% and above?
2)Do you understand the PMI concepts i.e PMIsm?
3)What materials did you use?
It is important you explain to us then we shall know where you are lacking.
You just failed for the first time,i read of someone that did PMP three times, that will NOT happen to you.

Gbolahan,PMP.

Re:Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2709

• George
  • George's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Gbolahan,PMP.

Thanks for the reply.

Below are answers to some of your questions.

Secondly, I have some questions to ask you.
1)How many practice questions did you do? Over 1000+ Did you score up to 80% and above? Yes, on most of them I did.
2)Do you understand the PMI concepts i.e PMIsm? I thought I did.
3)What materials did you use? Rita's and all of Cornelius' materials and I did an online boot camp.
It is important you explain to us then we shall know where you are lacking.
You just failed for the first time,i read of someone that did PMP three times, that will NOT happen to you.

I guess I'm just dumb.
Regards,
George

Re:Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2710

• Gbolahan Okulaja
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Pls you are the one to encourage yourself in order to move forward.
Moreso,do you know ITTO without memorising it?
Did you use Andy Crowe book,this book really helped me grasp the cost mgmt.
During your preparation did you write out the salient points from Rita book.
Are you familiar with Oliver web site for 75 and 200 questions, this site shook me to some extent. During my preparation,i practised close to 2,000 questions.
Did you take time to go through all the questions you missed during your practice? This will help you fill up your gap.
Lastly,your project real life experience also counts.It is not how long but how much you understand the concept. The longer years of experience you have maybe the shorter your preparation.

Gbolahan.

Did Not Pass (I did not pass!) 12 years 1 month ago #2711

• Discouraged!
  • Discouraged!'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I studied like my previous learner. I studied longer than 6 months. I even completed a PM program at a local university to prepare. All of this has been a waste of time! I am totally discouraged....plus I have spent too much money on this! What's next? I don't know!!!

Re:Did Not Pass (I did not pass!) 12 years 1 month ago #2712

• Me
  • Me's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I'm glad that I'm not the only one discouraged. When I called PMI Institute they basically said just keep attempting the PMP exam until I pass. I would do this if someone else will agree to pay my fees. This is getting a bit ridiculous. If you want to now the truth I think the entire PMI network and their vendors are using these marketing tactics as a way to make money.

Re:Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2713

• Sagar Mainkar
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi George,
I think there is no problem in the way you studied. Everyone prepares in a way that suit's his style. 6 months was good enough time allocated. Also it seems like you had enough practice test questions.
Please don't be discouraged we fall only to stand higher.
I will suggest you some tips ,may be they will help you.
1) Don't give up and please try hard to in next attempt.Remember you are almost half done by qualifying for exam which is a tedious process.
2)Do not lose your heart or confidence (easier said than done) , it might just have happened because of anxiety on the day of exam trust me.
3)Focus on EVM,network diagram and EMV calculation questions. They are simple and you are not confused on choosing answers.You can get 18-24 answers right here.
4) Focus on ITTO many say you don't need to focus on it but if you get these right you secure 6-8 easy answers.
5) Quality is easy topic focus hard on it make sure you get all answers right here.
6)Scope is very easy again make sure you get everything right here.
7) HR and communications is simple and study the Bruce Tuckman's Ladder and the Conflict resolution techniques well.You can get some easy questions on this.
8) In risk study the risk strategies well.
9) Remember types of contract and when and where you use them. You can again get some easy questions right here.

I know George you must have done these things my point is when giving PMP exam when you get all these questions right your confidence goes up and chances are you get difficult questions right afterwards.

Important note: If you can't answer some questions or feel discouraged during exam ,tell yourself these are the 25 questions which won't be used for scoring keep yourself motivated throughout the exam.
You know even before scoring if you are going to pass.

Finally AL THE BEST and I am sure next time you pass with flying colors:)
-Sagar,PMP

Re:Did Not Pass 12 years 1 month ago #2714

• Me
  • Me's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Thanks for your words of encouragement, Sagar.
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login