fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passing the PMP exam on First try

Passing the PMP exam on First try 12 years 1 month ago #2688

• Temesgen Menday
  • Temesgen Menday's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have passed the PMP exam on 26 Jan 2012,and I want to thank Mr, Cornelius Fichtner,PMP for his extra ordinary effort to prepare the PM Prepcast and PMP exam formula, and using the two material I become successful especially the PM prepCast played a grate role by opening my eye to understand the PMBOK Guide 4th Ed. and I did not really read the PMBOK Guide for this exam but instead based on PMP exam tip recommendation,I purchased the books like Achive PMP exam success,4th Ed for busy project managers and How to pass the PMP exam on your first try by Crowe.

During the exam time my first two hours was a difficult time due to the fact that,almost 50% and above of the questions was situational in real life about a certain company and the desicion of the project manager in that case so the wording is so long and takes my time to decide the best so that i was behind time for the first 100 and above question and it needs a lot of practice to do such question easily and fast.

The other thing i faced during the exam time was to read that long wording question and decide to which process group it belongs to so that it also take my time.

One of the method i used during the exam time was,i first finished all the questions that are not needing calculation and finally I started doing all the calculation questions in the remaining time.

The other thing which is important to know is that,knowing all the input,tools & technics and output is little important for the exam but no need to put all our effort there,rather it is very important to do situational questions.

The overall score I got for all the five domain was on the medium range and I come up to know now that where is my weak side in all five process groups to improve my self.

Finally,the PMP exam was one of the challenging exam I faced based on real life senario and to pass this exam,it is really very important to do a lot of questions related to situational type.

Best Luck,

Temesgen Menday,PMP

Re:Passing the PMP exam on First try 12 years 1 month ago #2689

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 0
:cheer: Congratulations! It is always great to hear that one of our students has passed the exam.

Cornelius Fichtner would like to send you a congratulations card in the mail, but we don't have your postal mailing address. Would you mind letting me know your mailing address so that he can send the card and personally congratulate you?

You can email it to me so it won't be public : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best Regards,

Rochelle Martinez
Customer Support
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login