fbpx

Reply: Passed on 21 st Jan 2012 at 1st attempt

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 21 st Jan 2012 at 1st attempt

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 1 month ago #2693

Gwenn Doria

Congratulations! It is always great to hear how one of our products helped you in your journey to PMP success.

Cornelius Fichtner would like to personally congratulate you by sending you a card in the mail. I hope you don't mind sending me your mailing address info.

You can email it to me so it won't be public : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best Regards,

Gwenn Doria
Customer Support
OSP International LLC
12 years 2 months ago #2680

Naveen Singh

Hi all,

Here are my lessons learned . But first of all thanks to Cornelius Fichtner for the course because of which I really enjoyed my journey to PMP.
---

After studying for PMP I passed my exam January 21st , 2012 on 1st attempt.

Learning Material

1) PMPrepCast by Cornelius Fichtner (Video Training Course)
I started about 3 month back with listening to PM prepcast then reading the PMBOK Guide in parallel. Listening one or two episodes a day mostly but some time more also.

2) PMP Exam Prep, 6th Ed. by Rita Mulcahy
This book is highly recommended by a lot of people and has good ratings in forums and on Amazon. Content is of high quality and there are a lot of high quality test questions.I like the book but still thinks it has much more then what you need for the exam and not to the point. I don't like the scare tactics of the book like if you are not doing this in your current job then you can not pass the PMP exam and all.But still intersting to read.Questions are good but harder then real exam.

3) PMBOK Guide
I read it twice. First time in addition to PMPrepCast, second time after lots of test questions. Especially after having done some test exams the PMBOK was a lot of easier to read and not as dry as the first time.

5) Example Questions and Test Exams:
I have done about 1600 questions from books and internet websites
- PMP Exam Prep, Rita Mulcahy
- PMP Study Guide, Joseph Philipps
- Oliver Lehmann, www.oliverlehmann.com/
- Head First: www.headfirstlabs.com/PMP/pmp_exam/v2/quiz.html
- PMStudy, www.pmstudy.com/

6) Forums
I looked into quite some forums but no one is as good as www.deepfriedbrainproject.com/ . It is a great source of material such as lessons learned and summaries of knowledge areas. I read a lot of material.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login