fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam on 13 Jan

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam on 13 Jan

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 1 month ago #2694

Gwenn Doria

Congratulations! It is always great to hear how one of our products helped you in your journey to PMP success.

Cornelius Fichtner would like to personally congratulate you by sending you a card in the mail. I hope you don't mind sending me your mailing address info.

You can email it to me so it won't be public : This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Best Regards,

Gwenn Doria
Customer Support
OSP International LLC
12 years 2 months ago #2667

Anand Deshpande

Hi,

I passed my PMP exam on Jan 13 2012. I used PMP Exam Prep, PMIs e-books, 175 Sample qustion by Lehmann, Free PMP qustion bank and PMBOK Guide 4th edition.

Below is the steps I followed for the study.

1. Started with the base, reading PMBOK guide. Reading one process at a time and Once completed reading the process watching the PM PrepCast by Cornelius Fichtner related to that process which gave me indepth detail of understanding.

2. Prepared the short notes based on PM PrepCast and my understanding.

3. Read PMBOK Guide 3 times (cover to cover). Remebered ITTOs by heart for the processes which gave me understanding to map the question to the sections according the PMBOK Guide.

4. In first reading of PMBOK Guide I only got High level of understanding and could not get all the details. However PM PrepCast gave me good understanding of these processes.

5. Created Brain Dump Map and pasted it on the wall to see it every day to ensure that I should not miss the important ITTOs.

6. Checking my understanding by keep on asking question to myself about the processes mentioned in the PMBOK Guide like what the process mean and what we do in each process.This is pretty useful in jumping topic to topic while answering the questions in the real exam.

7. Practice the MOCK exam 6 times. Each time found the gaps in my knowledge and re-visited those topics.

Overall, PM PrepCast, PMBOK Guide and PMI ebooks helped me a lot to prepare this exam and pass it.

Anand M Deshpande, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login