fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Owe a lot to PM Prepcast

Owe a lot to PM Prepcast 12 years 4 months ago #2612

• Virender Rana
  • Virender Rana's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes, i knocked it down. And it all happened 3 months back when i cracked one of the most sought after examination i ever worked on....in my entire life.

Giuess what...? I didn't have any idea of PMP or that sort of certification that is required for you to be a qualified PM....and guess again...you still do not officially require any PMP certification to be called as a PM. Then why did i spend over than 12 months to study for a certification that is not fundamentally a prerequisite..?

A T T I T U D E.....this is why i needed PMP and this is what i got after i got the PMP. My attitude, my personns for looking at a work scope totally changed...its a kind of evolution and trust me...it counts and counts a LOT. I owe a lot to my cousin bro who cracked PMP and i was told about PMP and its benefits by him. I look around PMI website and that infused a lot of energy in me and i made up my mind to carck and startred this seemingly "Hiamalayan" journey.

Became a member of PMI..got the Bible..PMBOK 4th edition. Started reading it and STOPPED after a weak. It seemed all so dry and superficial to me. I questioned myself as to who the hell in the world look for all this in project management..? Whats this Managemnet ares, 9 Knowledge areas....page 43. Damn it..its too dry ..and i am not the one to have this vodka..!! Thanks to some of the online pmgroups, i got to know about a person called Cornelius...the doyen of PM Prepcast...

Trust me guys..and trust me gals. Look for him if you are swimming in muddy PMBOK waters. He will throw you a rope and will pull you out. For sure..at times i thought there is some one throwing me rope in marshy land with both ends..But Prepast podcast surely made me a PM well before i sat dwon for the exam. I attended his courses...got the 35 contact hours. And then ... i went on to study the PMBOK again. The same dry, witty and boring PMBOK turned out to be most catchy, learning and absorbing esperiences i ever had in my life. Thanks to the way Prepcast hooked me up and i could make sense in whatso ever i read in PMBOK. Then i took Rita's book. Ummmmmmm..ok i just read it once and just got to clear soem of the concepts that were not very thoroughly explained in PMBOK. Thats it...i just read it once and for all. Read again PMBOK and got my concepts clear. Mind it...i never left listening to Prpecast. When ever i had the time..per say travelling, i had my i pod in my ears..enjoying melody of Cornelius's Jazz music

Then i took smaple questions...a hell lot of them..And here also, Prepcast eased my search by referring to some of the free exam sites i saw. I lost the count after i solved around 4-5000 of free sample questions and then i made up my mind to get the dates. Believe me guys..all this took me around 11 months to prepare and make my mind. I thoroughly enjoyed reading and learning all through this time. THANKS CORNELIUS for shaping me up

GOT audited...will you believe ? Yes i got audited and it sent some nerve wrecking sensations inside me...But then there is no way i should have been like this. I just sent whatever information they asked and i got the confirmation in 3-4 working days.

Got the dates and sat in the exam...And i finsihed it in 3 hours time and got the CONGRATULATIONS message. And Prepcast was the first word came out of my mouth. Worth spending 99 dollars and i am sure it wasn't a bad choice at all i made in my life.

Thanks Cornelius
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login