fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP!!!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP!!!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 4 months ago #2599

Malli

Dear Cornellius,

I took the PMP exam and Passed !!! :).

Proficient in 3 and Moderately Proficient in 2

On lighter note - Before I thank you, I want to thank myself for selecting PMPrepcast! ;)

About a month an a half back, I started to lookout for an app that will fit in my media and will read the PMBOK guide for me...and there I stumbled upon PMPrepcast, which was just perfect (doing much more than I was expecting). And once I saw the intro on your website, I was almost sure that this is what I wanted. I bought it and after hearing a couple of sessions became your fan (one of the many, I am sure!)

Thanks Cornelius, for such a great Product, You are a perfect teacher!!!

Here are my lessons learned for PMP aspirants, it applies more if you want it fast like in a month or so :-

Study Materials Used -
1) PMBOK Guide 4th edition
2) PM Prepcast
3) Rita's PMP Exam Prep 7th Edition (Used mainly for end sample questions and tips )
4) PM Formula guide
5) PM Exam simulator and Oliver lehmann Free 75 question
6) PMZilla's Rajesh Nair notes ( Very Good to revise).

Total Effort Spent = ~130 hrs
Total Time elapsed = 1 month 15 days.

1) Initially, I slogged hours, by listening to PM-Prepcast for a week. After each Process episodes, I use to go through the PMBOK guide for that process. I found that almost everything is covered in PM-Prepcast. By doing this, it reinforced my understanding on that process. And then, I would also write what I learnt on a piece of paper. After completing a knowledge area, I tried to gauge how much I remembered by writing down everything again on a piece of paper. (Try to remember ITTOs based on concepts - memorizing will not work.)

2) Also, the concepts that need attention are stressed enough in the episodes, so listen, understand and do what is said.

3) For every knowledge area, I did Rita's end sample exams. ( I would just browse through the knowledge area to see if I see something new that was not covered in PM Prepcast, at times I did find somethings, so just went over it).

4) Doing sample questions gives you an idea of what type of questions are asked. However some questions on Rita appears to be overkill - in terms of confusing you. (Well that's how I felt).

5) Then I also bought the PM-formula guide. I wanted to just focus on formula questions. 105 formula-guide questions helped to practice the formulas. However, I didn't find questions on decision tree and on contract types except PTA. But those I practiced on Rita's.

6) I wanted to practice too many sample test, so I went for PM Exam simulator. I only took one exam and failed(scoring 75%) :(.
I think its a very good simulator tool and simulates very close to real exam. I couldn't use it to the extent I would like to use it But I am sure, It will prepare you good.

7) Listened to PM-Prepcast in fast playback also. I used "Quicktime" on laptop to increase playback ( Set the speed between 1.5x - 2x and set pitch, bass and treble to max - Cornelius did sound funny, well but time was the constraint...)

8) Revised everything 3 days before and also a fast review on the exam day as I was scheduled at 12:30 PM. But had a very good sleep the night before.

9) I revised PMBOK guide's glossary once to make sure I know all the terms.

In Jist - make sure your concepts are right - When I say concept I mean - for eg.
In Conduct procurement - Know exactly what happens, like - receive Seller responses, awarding a contract and contract negotiations. (Then everything will fall in place)

I spent least time on HR, Communication and Quality. But my concepts were clear and did revise it well on the last few days. There were ample questions on these as they make a good portion of the execution process group.
(Rajesh Nair note's is good source to revise, as its well written.)

That's it. A Phase closed.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login