fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam on 5th August.

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam on 5th August.

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2549

Adzim Mokhtar

's Avatar

Passed my PMP exam on the first try. I started studying 3 months before my exam. I didn't finish reading the whole PMBOK but I subscribe to the PM Exam Simulator. I have 10 years of experience in project management and had just finished my MSc. in Management of Projects so I have pretty much in depth understanding of the PMBOK... that is my excuse anyway ;) How ever I do recommend that you read and understand the concepts in the PMBOK. The PM Exam Simulator will help you familiarize with the exam environment. The comments in the simulator also helps you understand the concepts in the PMBOK.

I'd done short quiz in the simulator every day for the whole 3 months before the exam. Tried at least 50 questions every day. Did the simulation exams during weekends as the exams took 4 hours each... so weekends was the only time I have 4 hours straight to spare for doing the test.

Other than doing the test, I've practice brain dump to familiarize myself with the terms in the PMBOK. Memorize the Process Groups and Knowledge Areas Mapping in page 43 of the PMBOK. It helps towards your understanding of the ITTO's.

Other project management website also helped especially Deep Fried Brain blog and BrainBOK site. They really help you understand the terms and memorize the ITTO's.

Before the exam, I just stay calm and just go through my brain dumps. Spent the whole time during the introductory period of the exam writing down my brain dumps. During the exam, skipped all the questions that requires calculations... spent no more than 2 minutes on each questions. After finishing all the easy questions, then I gone back and did all the calculation questions and the long questions. The last 45 minutes of the exam, I just quickly go through all my answers.

The rest is history... I've passed with flying colors. So... if I, with 2 kids and a baby can do it. So can you :) Good luck!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login