fbpx

Reply: After a gruesome 4hrs I passed - on first try too!

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : After a gruesome 4hrs I passed - on first try too!

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2508

Collins Onwochei

Thanks Milind. I took the exam on the 25th of August.
12 years 6 months ago #2492

Milind Vakil

Congratulations! When did you take the exam ? I just wanted to know if you took the exam after August 31st and if you saw any "new" set of questions based on changes that PMI recently made to the exam.
12 years 6 months ago #2491

Collins Onwochei

It took me at least 7 months to be ready for the PMP exam. Partly because I could only read one hour on work days and about 3 hrs on weekends. I studied Head First PMP from Oreily (really easy to understand with lots of graphical play and well researched method of teaching)
PmPrepcast helped me to get familiar with the topics when I was riding the bus or just not in the mood to read text. This is because it's audio and video materials that you can play in your mobile device (mp3, iPhone, etc). You can get it here: www.pm-prepcast.com

Headfirst PMP, has a lot of questions and exercises and doing them helps you get comfortable with PMP-styled questions. Do all the exercises as you read.

During the last week preceding my exam, I went to answering questions - lots and lots of them. I used Rita Mulcahy's Fastrack 200 questions twice and always sort to answer questions that came in the mail from Pmprecast almost everyday.

Someone said that when you start getting question from up to 80% the first time you take them, then you should be ready for the exam. I agree. On another note Pmprepcast is updated for the new question format that PMI instituted from the 31st of August of 2011 so I think it makes sense to get the product.

All in all, you shouldn't rush your preparation as it's a gruesome 4 hours on the exam day. Only the prepared will not panic.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login