fbpx

Reply: Passed the PMP on first try - Aug 30 2011

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the PMP on first try - Aug 30 2011

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2479

Janine Muhutu

Bravo Venu!!!
It is encouraging to see how you can successfully pass the PMP Exam by following Cornelius' recommandations to the T.
Good for you!
I just started:) I have purchased both the PM Prepcast & the study coach. Thanks for sharing you tips and the good news!
Regards
J
12 years 6 months ago #2478

Venugopal Sriramoju

Hey guys,

I took the PMP exam on August 30 2011 and passed. I am so happy that I cleared it in my first attempt.

This was a crash prep for me which took 39 days from take off to touch down.

Started my initial preparation on July 23 2011 when I first ordered the PM Prep Cast. First and foremost the PM Prep Cast was very helpful. Along with prepcast I also worked on all the exercises from Rita's book (very useful book indeed). I hardly read the PMBOK guide, may be one time here and there and particularly the process charts.

The key to my success is my dump sheet. I practiced a dump sheet which will cover all the 42 processes and all the ITTOs(I used abbreviations for the ITTOs).

The factors helped me most:
Rita's chart helped me a lot, I have memorized her entire chart.

Since the time is very little, I have watched all the PM Prep Cast videos for the second time in double speed (using Windows player speed settings). And some of the episodes like Advance Quality Management couple times more.

Listened to Rita's hot topics audio for almost 5 times with the double speed again. I also created my own ITTO and definitions audio files which helped me a lot. I relied mostly on Audio files since I am not an avid reader.

During the last week I did almost 500 sample questions per day. And on the whole I took 5 full length simulation exams.

Special Thanks to Cornelius Fichtner.

Venu

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login