fbpx

Reply: Passed Second Try on August 29

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed Second Try on August 29

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2475

Saad Al Naib

Hi Everyone,

I passed the PMP Exam on August 29. Here is my lesson learned:

Since my first try on March, I need to relax and start studying from scratch I read the following books:

Headfirst PMP and PMP Exam Cram and Skim over Pmbok. It took me a month and a half. I was interrupted for over month family issues and had to try to get back on track searched internet and found PM Prepcast. I compared it with other products after reading all lesson learned, I was convinced it is the right choice. I started early June and purchased all the products. It took me one month to finish pm precast. I took notes while am watching video, it solidify my understanding of the concept at my own pace.

I closely read and write all the domain skill and knowledge in the role delineation study both old and new format. Sort of trying to ease the pressure and understand both sides of the pictures and really understand each word in the role delineation study document.

Another interruption I had again for 10 days and back on track in August.

I started studying other resources like achieving PMP Exam and googled from lesson learned other sites like BrainBok for ITTO. I started doing the entire 9 four hour exam from the exam simulator pm prepcast. In addition, I started reading PMBOK in parallel. The reading of PMBOk was so easy since all info was repeated and was able to recall very fast and start to see the trend of the book. I was able to finish careful reading first time and skim second time.

One Week before exam, start to go faster skimming and stop on topics which I sense importance and continue. One day before exam, I took half day off rest so I can sleep at night. I slept enough to be ready for the exam. My exam was in the afternoon gave me time in the morning to quick review and stop two hour before exam.

I took the advice of one pmp lesson learned to eat banana before enter the test center.

During waiting time half hour before exam, there was a lot of chatting which I did not like want it quiet time so try mediation and kept my ear closed while other chatting, it worked to keep me relaxed before entering the test.

I was not allowed to bring ear plugs. My passport cover was removed and am in. Started the 15 min tutorial exam and finish in 5 minutes and use other time for dump sheet. I had a plan what to do when I started. Finish 100 take rest and finish 100 take rest. It did not work exactly. After 75 Questions start feeling tired lose focus. I hang in there till get 100 mark and took my only break on the exam around 10 minutes. Continue 100 Questions almost done had only one hour to review marked questions which I did most of them fast pace and run out of time almost. Did evaluation quickly and submit and saw Congratulation message and I was so happy and Thank God after all the hard work.

Thank You Cornelius and all the pmp professionals who posted their lesson learned here which helped me a lot during my study. Most of all my family and all the people who helped me in both personal and professional life.

Best of Luck of all new aspirant pmp, take positive attitude and be persistent in reaching your goals. Don’t worry about the new change just understand the role delineation study and practice, practice, and have fun in the journey of learning.

Saad Al Naib, PMP, PEng., MSEE

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login