fbpx

Reply: Passed on 1st Attempt 8/27/2011

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed on 1st Attempt 8/27/2011

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 6 months ago #2457

Mounir Sadak

's Avatar

Wow I can’t believe it is my turn to share my story of passing the PMP exam with everyone. I have been reading the lessons learned for few weeks by now, and all I can say that the plans and strategies for studying for the exam, and the material used might be different, but one goal is the same: Passing the exam.
I started studying for the exam beginning of January of this year. It’s been a challenge to stick to a set schedule while working and taking care of both personal and professional business. However, success is possible not only with a good plan of studying, but mainly by sticking to the plan and having a strong commitment to achieving that goal.
To study for the exam I used the following material:
1. I read the PMBOK 4th edition three times. It started to make more sense after first reading.
2. I Read Rita Mulcahy’s PM Exam Prep 6th edition, and it was worth using with its plain, and easy to read language, its multiple exercises, and its sample tests at the end of every chapter. It was a good tool to study for the exam.
3. I bought the PM Prepcast, which I liked very much. Besides getting the 35 contact hours, I found the material very user friendly especially with Cornelius Fichtner added sense of humor. I believe this a Must Have especially that all lessons provide exam tips at the end of every episode
4. Finally, I bought the PMP Exam Simulator from Cornelius Fichtner as well. This was by far the best tool I have used at the end of my studies. I was able to complete 7 full 4 hours exams. And here’s what’s great about the simulator. You not only get a good feel of the real exam, but the simulator provides you with a feedback on every correct or wrong answers. Besides the fact that both materials from Cornelius were very affordable.
The day before the exam I visited the testing center site, and I inquired about the things I should expect on the exam. The following morning I arrived early at the site, used the 10 minutes for the brain dump, which gave me more confidence. I was able to finish the exam in less than three hours, but used the remaining time to review my marked questions. I changed few, and then the longest 10 seconds wait for the result was endured. What a relief after that message reads Pass. I want to thank my family for all their support. It made a huge impact on my success. Thanks Cornelius for tremendous amount of advice. Good Luck to everyone in their endeavor to prepare for the PMP.

Mounir Sadak
Pmp

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login