fbpx

Reply: Hello from a freshly baked PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Hello from a freshly baked PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2455

Steffen Thieringer

Hello there everyone,

I passed the PMP exam today, August 28, 2011. I am very relieved and so happy! Using the PM Prep Cast (extensively), attending a PMI-MN-Chapter prep-class, reading the PMBOK several times makes you comfortable and solid with the material. I also purchased Cornelius' formula-guides and flash-cards.
But really the key is doing sample questions. I repeat: Do sample questions! Lots of them. I don't know about your situation, but as a project manager in my job, and 2 little girls at home, I do nothing really which lasts full 200 questions and 4 hours straight, so this was quite a challenge. There are a lot of resources available on the internet for free and commercially available exam questions.
I tried to only get some from good sources in which the so-called "PMBOK best answer" was clearly explained and referenced well. After those sample tests I was told from many people to review each and every question with the answer, not only the ones answered wrong. Because many questions correctly answered are simply lucky guesses, and the same question asked again a bit different may be answered wrong the next time. Again, the more sample questions, the better.

Lastly, I found it invaluable to have the PM PrepCast on my IPad as well as the PDF file of the PMBOK Guide.

Bis zum nächsten Mal!
Steffen Thieringer, PMP

PS: Sorry Cornelius, my wife said that I can finally put music CDs back in my car stereo...

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login