fbpx

Reply: How I Passed the PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I Passed the PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 7 months ago #2388

v

's Avatar

How many times did you work with the Pmprepcast.

Did you also purchase the pmstudy coach
- and or/ Rita's or Head first?
There are so many materials, and I am not sure which ones should I should purchase? and use.
12 years 7 months ago #2383

FA

's Avatar

I purchased the PM PrepCast a few weeks ago and passed the exam on my first trial at the end of July.

I've been a functional manager for 7 years (sales & marketing) for my family company. I did a lot of project management without knowing there was a word for what I was doing !!! :)

So when I discovered it was an actual profession, I immediately fell in love with it. I had done in practice most of what it is indicated in the PMBOK, but I was completely lacking the formal structure and tools provided by it.

And your course helped me to fast-track the theory, which was a key requirement for me. I just started an MBA program and wanted to get the PMP certification before it started (I figured I'd be too busy during the master).

I chose your study course because I had little time to prepare and I loved the format. I could listen to the classes and the interviews while taking bus/metro to go out with friends, while walking to the beachvolley court and while cleaning my apartment! ok, the cleaning didn't happen very often... :)

The content was as great as the format! I have to admit that I barely read the PMBOK Guide. I had it always open while watching the classes and underlined the concepts I thought were more interesting or difficult.

I studied with your program for 3 intensive weeks 6/8 hours a day (that's how I spent most of my holidays) and tried 3 full exam simulations (4h each) the days before the exam. I guess this prove that your course is incredibly good and that maybe the PMP is not so difficult after all (and that probably I was lucky too)! :)

To the question, should I memorize all the ITTOs to pass the exam, my answer is a resounding NO. I didn't and I passed with "Proficient" in 2 areas and "Moderately proficient" in all the rest. So as long as you have some experience and an understanding of the relationships and consequentiality of the processes, you should be fine.

But... in case you want to pass with "Proficient" in all knowledge areas, than you probably should memorize them

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login