fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Did my PBT exam on July 17th

Did my PBT exam on July 17th 12 years 9 months ago #2290

• Maurice Bennett
  • Maurice Bennett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I did the PBT on July 17th because there are no CBT test centers in my country. The PBT experience is quite different from a CBT. For start you do not get your results after the exam. I am still awaiting my results, hopefully I am successful. Secondly it takes a lot more time to ensure you shade in the answers correctly on the answer sheet. It would take far less time to just click on an answer in the CBT exam. My exam experience has taught me not to leave anything for granted. You have to be prepared mentally in order to cope with conditions of the exam center. In my center there was no timer, instead the start and end times were written on a whiteboard and I had no way of determining how much time had elapsed so it was difficult to judge the rate at which I was going. Luckily for me, I practiced a few full exam simulations during preparations, so I was used to the pressure of working against time. I finished the exam in 2 hours and 45 minutes.
As for the exam itself, it wasn't overly difficult but some questions were very challenging and I encountered material that I never came across in work or in studying. As for ITTO's, you do not need to memorize, if you prepare adequately, you will be able to use logic and deduce what ITTO's belong to what processes. It is more important to understand what happens in each of the processes. It is important to know your formulas and also important to know the order in which the processes accur.
I will update post after results.

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 12 years 8 months ago #2316

• Maurice Bennett
  • Maurice Bennett's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
So as a follow up, I got my results today and I passed. I got proficient in three areas and moderately proficient in the other three. In terms of preparation I basically read Rita book twice, watched all the prepcast episodes at least once and did about 5 full simulations. All this was done in three months. I skimmed over the pmbok, never went through all of it. The prepcast was a great help in explaining the concepts of the pmbok and so I never had to read it in details. Know your formulas and know the order in which the processes occur and you should be good.

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 12 years 8 months ago #2321

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
Here is a quick note to all those of you reading this post and are confused about PBT and CBT:

CBT = Computer-based testing
PBT = Paper-based testing

Usually the PMP Exam is taken sitting at a computer and answering the 200 questions via the testing center software. However, this is not available all around the world in all testing centers. So in some cases, students have to take the exam on paper.
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 12 years 7 months ago #2494

• Srinivasa Chekuri
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Maurice,

Congratulations. Can you Please let us know how you got the communication regarding PBT Results within a week? Is it from Prometric which adminstered your PBT exam or is it from PMI? Did you get an email about your results within about a week based on what I see in your posting here? Please advise.

Thanks,
Srinivas

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 12 years 7 months ago #2495

• Maurice Bennett
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Srinivasa,

I got my result from PMI by email within two weeks of sitting the exam. The official certificate I got in the mail within four weeks.

Did my PBT exam on July 17th 9 years 8 months ago #4523

• Nasar Usmani
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I failed in all domains
it was unexpected
I requested for a re-check
I aksed them if anyone who requested for recheck did ever get a different result from before and they refused to give a straight answer

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 8 years 2 months ago #7017

• Adebambo Odumosu
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, congrats.

Were you allowed to take in a calculator?

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 7 years 5 months ago #8762

• peter adagha
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I just did my PBT test on 5th nov. 2016. the examiners are supposed to provide you with calculators , pencils and rough paper sheet

Re:Did my PBT exam on July 17th 7 years 4 months ago #8968

• Harshada
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Peter,
Have you got your result? Its 3 weeks now.
I also appeared on 5th Nov 16 n waiting for the result.

Did my PBT exam on July 17th 6 years 2 months ago #13229

• Anonymous
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have passed pbt exam last year. I am now waiting for my roster approval. I want to take part in cbt exam.
Here, I need your suggestion. Can I give cbt exam? What should be better? What is the best way to manage it?

Hoping your response.

Thank you?
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login