fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 9 months ago #2218

Kashif

's Avatar

I’ve cleared my PMP exam on 21st June. My experience was bit different. I had completed my formal training early in 2008 than could not attempt exam due to multiple reasons until 2010. In meantime PMBOK 4th edition brought on the surface which made me more reluctant to attempt exam. Later I decided to get over with exam in 2011 after it became one of my painful goal which was continuously pushing me away from other goals.

I started preparation in March 2011 with solid study plan (but only giving 2 hours daily on an average due to office workload). Apart from study plan I had attempted sample questions available from PM Prepcast, read tips in all newsletters (very helpful). As per study plan i had Read PMBOK 4th edition once (it’s well written for Humans), read Head First and attempted all exercises - realized I’ve missed many concepts while reading PMBOK. Read Rita once, attempted all exercises – realized I’ve had still missed a lot in PMBOK. My exam was scheduled on 21st June and I’ve only read all material once until 6th June. I started reading PMBOK again, did 8-10 full length practice exams to identify and uncover my knowledge gaps, compiled my study notes while reading explanations of questions answered incorrectly and read my notes on daily basis (almost grown up 250 quick topics I had missed in reading PMBOK). I’ve completed pmi.books24x7.com/assetviewer.aspx?booki...le=0&leftMenuState=1 (available online for PMI members), 75 free questions at www.oliverlehmann.com/pmp-self-test/75-free-questions.htm#Start , 200 Q from www.headfirstlabs.com , 70 assessment questions from kim heldman, 3 full length 200 Q from RITA and Execution and Monitoring process wise 200 Q from RITA fast track. 2 Days before exam I had attempted full length free exam www.pmstudy.com/memberLogin.asp (most have attempted that early) which was most helpful in uncovering knowledge gaps by Knowledge Areas as opposed to others doing by Process Groups. I had reviewed Procurement, Risk, Quality and Requirement techniques from Rita, PMBOK and Head first on day before exam (most of questions from these knowledge areas) and then attempted my exam on next day.

I was able to complete 200 Q in 3hrs with a lot of questions marked for Review (must read Rita tricks of trade) and calmly reviewed all questions until times up. At the end got message Congratulations! PMP Passed.

My knowledge gap was huge when I started preparation. Best way to overcome is don’t wait for exam after completion of formal 35 hours training as once i read in PM Prepcast newsletter.

Thanks for reading long story, hopefully it will help.

Kashif Gul Kazi

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login