fbpx

Reply: Passed my PMP exam - lessons learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed my PMP exam - lessons learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 8 months ago #2188

Yahya Wadi

Congrats ... Good Luck ... :)
12 years 8 months ago #2183

Karl Trachsler

Dear Future PMPS

On Friday, 24th of June I passed my PMP examination at Prometric side in the International University of Geneva.

But let’s go back a few months.

First of all I started with reading the PMBOK GUIDE after my decision for PMP. It was really a very “dry experience” even for a many-years-experienced project manager. The next step was PrepCast and the FormulaGuide – a very interesting and a helpful tool on my way. Meanwhile I joined the PMI membership – so I got an electronically version in English and German of the PMBOK GUIDE. This was very helpful for my preparation in both languages.

Reading PMBOK GUIDE again before I started with my prep books. I bought a English book (Achieve PMP Exam Success, 4th Edition form Margareth Chu, PMP; Diane Altwies, PMP; Janice Preston, PMP; with a CD-rom included with over 1200 practice questions) and a German one (Das PMP-Examen, Die gezielte Prüfungsvorbereitung; Thomas Wuttke, Peggy Gartner).

I learned to understand all this formulas and get involved with all processes and knowledge areas. But all this ITTO were a real challenge. It is like Cornelius said “it is important to understand this processes – then you are able to get the right answer”.

The last month I went through more than 2’000 questions. And it was important for me to learn from the wrong answers. When I went through the questions I always did it under the same conditions like in an exam. This was very helpful to get a good time-feeling.

Thanks to Cornelius for your help with PrepCast and the Formula Guide. Also many thanks for your good advices, which were very helpful. This makes learning attractive and interesting and it is a great help to pass the exam.

Karl Trachsler, MBA, CMC, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login