fbpx

Reply: Two phrases worth 40 ITTOs....

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Two phrases worth 40 ITTOs....

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 9 months ago #2181

Raj

's Avatar

Hi Basha –

in my ‘Dump sheet’, I used Capital letters for common ITTOS and I used ‘small letters’ to remembers just only tools.

Basically I took first letter of each ITTO and created small phrases.

For Example:

You would notice ‘pads’ next to ‘Sequence Activities’. This represents

p- Precedence Diagramming (PDM)
A-Applying leads and lags
d- Dependency determination
s- Schedule network templates

you would notice ‘red-t’ next to ‘Define Activities’.

r – Rolling wave planning
e – Expert judgment
d – Decomposition
t –templates.

you would notice ‘mec’ for Plan Procurements

m-Make-or-buy analysis
e-Expert judgment
c-Contract types

Please let me know if this explanation helps. You could use this logic to customize the documents to your convenience.

Good Luck with your Exam.

Regards,
Raj
12 years 9 months ago #2180

Basha

's Avatar

Hello Raj,

Can you also help with the few phrases you mentioned in the sheet like bp,vts,mec etc for clear completion and do the needful.
12 years 9 months ago #2129

Rajasekhar Pavani

Dear Future PMPS -

I have received few questions about the ‘dump sheet’ that I shared in PM Prep Cast website .Here is some explanation. Please feel free to post your comments if you need further explanation.

This approach is very much useful for those who are already planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK. If you are NOT planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK, please do not waste your time to understand my approach. Let me get to my approach without much waste of time.

As part of my PMP preparation, I realized that, one of challenging areas for me was to remember the common ITTOs. I didn’t have problem remembering distinct ITTOs which are very unique to its process.

Did you realize that following are very common ITTO?

C- Change Requests ,D-Project Documents Updates (Output),E –EEF (Input),O – OPA (Input) ,P – Project management plan updates , Ue – EEF Updates , Uo – OPA Updates ,X – Expert judgment

Now, Can you remember CDOPUo?

Ok, now take a look page 43 and write down ‘CDOPUO’ in Control Scope, Control Cost, Control Schedule, Quality Control. You will be surprised to know that, for all these process groups, CDOPUo represents common inputs, tools and outputs. .

Just remembering one phrase of CDOPUo, you mastered the common ITTos for 4 Knowledge areas.

How about CDEPOX?.

You place CDEPOX in Direct and Execution, Monitor and Control and Integrated Change Control. (As an exception, change request is Input for Integrated Change Control instead of Output).

Do you feel good now?. Just remembering two phrases, you remember as many as 40 ITTOS.

If you like this approach take a look at attached dump sheet in PM Prep cast website.

Good Luck and Best wishes.

Regards,
Raj,PMP

Attachment Knowledge_areas_ITTO-1295a5628a2762270c8fb972f414f40b.doc not found

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login