fbpx

Reply: I Cleared the PMP Exam (Attached are some Tips)

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : I Cleared the PMP Exam (Attached are some Tips)

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 9 months ago #2143

Tarek Al-Fahham

Honestly, I liked this idea.

I will print it and take a closer look at the details.

But I hope it is all correct.

Tarek.
12 years 9 months ago #2132

Rajasekhar Pavani

Hi – Tony in my ‘Dump sheet’, I used Capital letters for common ITTOS and I used ‘small letters’ to remembers just only tools.

For Example:

You would notice ‘pads’ next to ‘Sequence Activities’. This represents

p- Precedence Diagramming (PDM)
A-Applying leads and lags
d- Dependency determination
s- Schedule network templates

You would notice ‘red-t’ next to ‘Define Activities’.

r – Rolling wave planning
e – Expert judgment
d – Decomposition
t –templates.

Since you already practiced Page 43, with some additional effort, you can learn all these abbreviations. You can place these abbreviations along with Page 43. I learnt all this a week before exam.

It took 12 Minutes to put all my dump sheet along with EV formulas.
Please let me know if you need any guidance.

Regards,
Raj
12 years 9 months ago #2131

Raj

's Avatar

Hi Toni - I am copying and pasting the information from other thread where I gave some explanation. Please feel free to ask send me questions. Just to let you know, you can always reschedule your exams 48 hours prior to the exam. Just in case, if you feel like you need more time, take this option. I will some more tips later. Here is the content from my other posting-

"Dear Future PMPS -

I have received few questions about the ‘dump sheet’ that I shared in PM Prep Cast website .Here is some explanation. Please feel free to post your comments if you need further explanation.

This approach is very much useful for those who are already planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK. If you are NOT planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK, please do not waste your time to understand my approach. Let me get to my approach without much waste of time.

As part of my PMP preparation, I realized that, one of challenging areas for me was to remember the common ITTOs. I didn’t have problem remembering distinct ITTOs which are very unique to its process.

Did you realize that following are very common ITTO?

C- Change Requests ,D-Project Documents Updates (Output),E –EEF (Input),O – OPA (Input) ,P – Project management plan updates , Ue – EEF Updates , Uo – OPA Updates ,X – Expert judgment

Now, Can you remember CDOPUo?

Ok, now take a look page 43 and write down ‘CDOPUO’ in Control Scope, Control Cost, Control Schedule, Quality Control. You will be surprised to know that, for all these process groups, CDOPUo represents common inputs, tools and outputs. .

Just remembering one phrase of CDOPUo, you mastered the common ITTos for 4 Knowledge areas.

How about CDEPOX?.

You place CDEPOX in Direct and Execution, Monitor and Control and Integrated Change Control. (As an exception, change request is Input for Integrated Change Control instead of Output).

Do you feel good now?. Just remembering two phrases, you remember as many as 40 ITTOS.

If you like this approach take a look at attached dump sheet in PM Prep cast website.

Good Luck and Best wishes.

Regards,
Raj,PMP
12 years 9 months ago #2130

toni

's Avatar

Raj,
this sounds like a good process, since I know Page 43.

I would like to use your process. However I am not clear on your mnemonics
Can you please clarify what are EEFs and OPA's
I am just not understanding your abbreviations.

Please clarify what this stands for what does it mean. This means EEFs and OPAs are input and Expert judgement is the tool.
The same
Please clarify what these stand for:
D-Project Documents Updates (Output),
EOX
E –EEF (Input),
O – OPA (Input) ,
Ue – EEF Updates ,
Uo – OPA Updates

sorry, that I have to ask for so much help, but I am scared of the exam. I take the exam on June 30.

thank you
12 years 9 months ago #2107

Rajasekhar Pavani

Dear Future PMPS -

I have received few questions about the ‘dump sheet’ that I shared in this with this message.Here is some explanation. Please feel free to post your comments if you need further explanation.

This approach is very much useful for those who are already planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK. If you are NOT planning to remember Page 43 of PMBOK, please do not waste your time to understand my approach. Let me get to my approach without much waste of time.

As part of my PMP preparation, I realized that, one of challenging areas for me was to remember the common ITTOs. I didn’t have problem remembering distinct ITTOs which are very unique to its process.

Did you realize that following are very common ITTO?

C- Change Requests ,D-Project Documents Updates (Output),E –EEF (Input),O – OPA (Input) ,P – Project management plan updates , Ue – EEF Updates , Uo – OPA Updates ,X – Expert judgment

Now, Can you remember CDOPUo?

Ok, now take a look page 43 and write down ‘CDOPUO’ in Control Scope, Control Cost, Control Schedule, Quality Control. You will be surprised to know that, for all these process groups, CDOPUo represents common inputs, tools and outputs. .

Just remembering one phrase of CDOPUo, you mastered the common ITTos for 4 Knowledge areas.

How about CDEPOX?.

You place CDEPOX in Direct and Execution, Monitor and Control and Integrated Change Control. (As an exception, change request is Input for Integrated Change Control instead of Output).

Do you feel good now?. Just remembering two phrases, you remember as many as 40 ITTOS.

Here is an example of using EOX::

In similar way, if you see 'Develop Project Charter' process, you would notice EOX. This means EEFs and OPAs are input and Expert judgement is the tool. The same combination is repeated in 'Identify stake holders' and 'develop project plan'. Remember, these are very common inputs and outputs. You may not have problem remembering very distinctive inputs/outputs.

Good Luck, You can Do it.

Raj!!

Attachment Knowledge_areas_ITTO.doc not found

Attachments:

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login