fbpx

Reply: PMP Exam feedback

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Exam feedback

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 11 months ago #2038

James Buchan

's Avatar

Hi,
I passed my PMP exam on my first attempt in March 11. I used three sets of material to prepare for the exam, namely, the PM Prepcast, Andy Crowe’s book and the PMBOK. In my circumstances the PM Prepcast was an invaluable tool for me as I have a 2 hour commute to work and listening to the material while commuting was an excellent use of ‘dead’ time. Andy Crowe’s book was also very easy to follow and was a good complimented the audio on the PM Prepcast. I have to say that I only ready the PMBOK once to ensure that I had followed the official material but without the other two aids I would have not been as prepared otherwise. I can’t stress enough how valuable the PM Prepcast was, this is an excellent means of learning new material, also the pace, content and humour was just right to enable the material to be absorbed. I also listened to some of the material more than once.

I had to travel approx 160 miles to the test centre on the day and decided to take the train. Unfortunately the train was delayed due to problems on the line and I ended up having to bus most of the journey after a 2 hour wait at the train station. I was 1 hour late for the exam but able to arrange for the test to be delayed by 1 hour by calling the test centre. This didn’t leave me any time to have some lunch and unwind prior to the test so the whole experience was quite stressful on the day. I had a 7 hour journey (which should have been 3 hours) followed by the 4 hour exam. Fortunately I passed so the stress soon faded but I almost missed my opportunity to sit the exam that day. I thoroughly recommend an overnight stay near the test centre rather than risking a long journey on the day of the exam.
Regards, James

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login