fbpx

Reply: Just passed the PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Just passed the PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
12 years 11 months ago #1969

Pratap Singh

Just passed the PMP exam on Apr 23rd.
Took a total of 10 week including start with Prepcast and real preparation of about 4 weeks.
I started with 2 weeks on Prepcast and finished with Prepcast exam on Mar 7th. Submitted my PMP application and redid most of Prepcast. Also did one run through of PMBOK guide in the week starting Apr 18th.
I was bit double minded should I spent more time preparing or go for exam. Finally made up my mind just 3 days before and took an appointment.
Drove down to exam center about 120 miles from home, stayed in hotel and did 3 exam session of PM prep cast. My first run in 3 exams I scored 60-65 percent only. Bit worrisome.
Finally went for exam. First few question, no clear answers, caused me bit of worry then I calmed down and decided to relax and select the answer and mark for review. Soon I was going pretty fast. 40 question by 30 min, 1 hour I was around 87. Finished first run by 2 hour 15 min. There were some question that I took notes and spent next 45 minutes going over the question I marked on rough sheet. I was able to take some note on partially unclear question with the help of other related question. This turned out to be a great help.
Finally took 5 minute break and got back to working on the marked for review. Now I think this where downhill things happened. In my gut feeling I ended up incorrectly marking about 10 or 15 question in the review. Not sure what to say but review I think did not help me. On the other hand question number marked on rough sheet and my notes did help me correctly pick up answer in about 20 question. So turned out a great help.
Finally finished my exam about 5 minute before. Relaxed for 5 minute before the end process kicked in.
Final result passed with 1 Proficient and rest Moderately Proficient.
Wishing all the other aspirants good luck.
Also I ended up using only Prepcast and PMBOK only, with 3 sets of 30 question free exams. I did not get time for any other book or exam preparation but I will recommend that.
Wish you all the best.
Thanks
PB Singh

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login