fbpx

Reply: PM Prepcast - an excellent source to become PMP

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM Prepcast - an excellent source to become PMP

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 1 month ago #1893

Prabhakar Rathinam

Dear All,

I am very glad as I am PMP. I cleared the test in first attempt on 17-Dec-2010.

I want to share my experience here with you all which may make the path easier to succeed.

First I decided to buy Cornelius's PM prepcast only for 35 Hours contact hours certificate. But when I listened the subjects, I decided to use as primary resource for preparing for the exam.

I used Head first PMP also for Preparation, it is great book who doesn't like to read more but to capture the concept. Particularly for more theoretical areas like procurement, Humam Resources and communication management I referred both Prepcast & Head first PMP.

I read PMBOK 4th edition only once fully. Particularly the glossary is very important and it will make us comfortable if we read this just a day before or on the day of exam.

It took two months to prepare and to become comfortable to face the exam. On previous night of the exam day I was not sleeping well and afraid much.
But during exam I was enjoying and didn't take any break in between. 4 hours went just like half-an-hour. Thanks to Cornelius who played major role to become eligible for the exam (35 contact hours) and to make easy to understand the PM concepts during walking, travelling and even during shopping :).

Best way to succeed is to be more positive during the preparation. Referring limited resources (Max three)with fixed duration (Max three to four months). Undestanding the core concepts instead of just memorising.

:) Thanks to Cornelius once again and Best wishes to PMP aspirants. :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login