fbpx

Reply: Lessons learned for PMP exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Lessons learned for PMP exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 2 months ago #1805

Sabyasachi Gupta

Hi All ,

I have cleared my PMP exam today (18/01/2011) from Kolkata prometric centre , India . Like many other successful exam takers , I too have greatly benefitted from this site .

Some of the benefits of being a part of PMPrepcast could be
1.Formulas : There could be quite a lot of formula related questions on the exam . I faced about 8-10 formula related questions on the exam with varying degree of complexity . I purchased the 105 questions for the PMP formula study guide which helped me understand all the formula related questions correctly and get the answers .
2.Flashcards : The exam is all about how well we implement the concepts in real life scenarios and achieve teh project objectives . Flashcards help you to get a firm grasp on all the processes , concepts . Repeated study of flashcards helped me in understanding the concepts better . During the exam there could be quite a number of questions which are direct process related / ITTO questions.Better understanding of the concepts in flashcards could help us in answering these questions quickly during the exam , gaining on time .
3.Practise tests : It really helps to take as many practise tests as possible . Practise tests from PMPrepcast helped me understand what each question is trying to convey.Even the free questions like(10,25,etc) are useful.
4.Videos : The 2 minute videos by Cornelius helped me in managing my stress and anxiety during my preparatory days as well as during the exam .

Some of my Own LL'S
1.Managing exam time : Its really important to practise sitting for the gruelling 4 hours of teh exam for as many practise tests as possible
We need to come up with our own comfortable strategy to handle the exam .
I practised sitting at a stretch for 75 questions followed by a break . Then again 75 questions and a break . Then final 50 questions and a break AND final Review .This strategy helped me to complete my exam within 3 hours and spend the rest of my time for reviews .
2.Practise tests : It helps to practise as many tests as possible . Initially for the first few practise tests we could find that our scores are pretty low . But as we keep taking more tests , we start realizing the underlying concept behind every question and then we could find that our scores improve a lot in subsequent tests .
3.Books : I felt that there are plenty of good books (Rita Mukcahy , Headfirst , Andy Crowe , etc ) .Initially , Its good to stick to one book to avoid too much confusion . . Later on however we could read as many books as possible to gain a better understanding of the concepts . Before concentrating on the tougher concepts on any of teh knowledge areas it would really help us if we try and understand what each process does and why they are important ( all 42 processes).That gives us the connectivity between processes . This could then help us in understanding the ITTOS better .

Good luck to all of you

Best Regards

Sabyasachi Gupta

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login