fbpx

Reply: Leassons Learnt from my PMP Exam

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Leassons Learnt from my PMP Exam

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 3 months ago #1756

Ravindra Yatam

Asim,

PMI do not provide with the scores for the exam. Instead they defines the levels of Proficiency for each Process Domain.

Proficient: Above Average
Moderately Proficient: Average
Below Proficient: Below Average

For details you can login to PMI.org and look at pmphandbook.

Thanks/Ravindra
13 years 3 months ago #1755

Asim Akin

Dear Ravindra,
Thanks for your feedback. You worked very hard for the exam. Would you please share your score if you don't mind?
Kind regards,

Asim Akin
13 years 3 months ago #1753

Ravindra Yatam

I passed my PMP exam on 06'December 2010. I would like to share my lessons learned:

Thanks for Cornelius Fitchner and his team for providing PM Prepcast.

I can say Prepcast is wonderfull gift from Cornelius Fitchner, for all the Project Managers.

My journey to PMP started in February this year and while I am searching for getting 35 Hrs of contact hours, one of my friend informed about PM Prepcast, next day I purchased the PM Prepcast and my approach was that I first gone through the Prepcast chapters and then read PMBOK with Rita Mulcachy's PMP Exam Prep book. It became so easy for me to understand each concept of the PMBOK guide. It took me around 4 months to complete my first round, as my first priority is my Job. Then I purchased the PMP Formula Study guide from prepcast, which was very helpfull in understanding the Formulas and their application areas. Email course of the Formulas with their description is very use full for remembering each formula.

Mean while I completed my application process, it took me a week to keep all my past experiences in line and contacting my Managers and informing them about my preparation for PMP. On Completion of my first round of study I took a break and took a class room prep course from my local chapter. It helpmed be to fill my gaps I had while I am reading throgh Prepcast/PMBOK.

I took a break from my work after the Thanksgiving and gone through Prepcast, PMBOK and Rita's prep book and class room material supplied by the Chapter. Understanding and applying Rita's Process chart is a one good help while answering quetions on the exam.

I focussed on practice questions that are available on internet for free beside those provided in Rita's Prep book. I took the preparation Exam online at www.pmstudy.com (They provide one free online 4 Hr exam, at the end of exam it provides a detailed information of grades on each Process and Knowledge area). Which helped me to concentrate on my grey areas for final exam.

PMP exam checks your Project Management skills. Many of the questions looks to be simple but are tricky. Understanding contract types (Procurement), Motivational theories (HR), Risk Analysis and responses (Risk) and Quality Tools and Techniques (Quality) and EVM formulas (Time, cost and scope) will be a great help. Sleep well on the day before the exam and attend the exam with a great confidence.

Good luck for your exam.

Thanks
Ravindra Yatam, PMP

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login