Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.
2) Audio/ Visual content
- Prep Cast
- Work 'study session' similar to the prepcast where a volunteer PMP instructor would review the material, by chapter, in a 2 hour block 1x a week for 10 weeks
3) Practice exams
- Various free 200 question exams found on-line, approximately 1 full practice exam on the weekend for 7 weekends
- Practice questions in Rita's book at the end of each chapter
*) I wrote out my brain dump sheet at least 50 times and it took me about 30 minutes to write it all out. This was very valuable information as I detail below.
4) Day of exam test approach
After multiple practice exams, I found that my best test taking approach was as follows:
- Read the question and answer at least 2x before selecting my answer
- Mark a question if I wasn't 85% confident of the answer
- Take a 2-3 minute break after every 50 questions
- Take a 5-10 minute break after the 200 questions before I go back to my marked questions
- I knew that writing out my brain dump would take 30 minutes, so I used the first 15 minutes from the tutorial and then started the exam and used about 15 minutes of my 4 hour time to complete the entire brain dump. Since I practiced so much, I was not nervous about the fact that I was using my test time to write the brain dump
This interview with Simona Fallavollita (LinkedIn Profile) was recorded at the magnificient Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Conference 2017 in Chicago, Illinois. We discuss the how, what, why and when of the changes that are coming to the PMP exam.