fbpx

Reply: How I passed my PMP Exam: Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : How I passed my PMP Exam: Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 6 months ago #1613

Pedro Wong

How I passed my PMP: Lessons Learned
These are the main steps I took to pass the PMP certification exam.
1.I read the “Head First PMP”. This book was key to understand the 42 process, their inputs, tools, techniques and outputs
2.I took all the tests in the “Head First PMP” book and review the sections corresponding my wrong answers
3.I read “The PMP Exam: How to pass the first Time” of Andy Crowe
4.I took all the tests in “The PMP Exam” and also the only tests that you have for one week
5.I took all the tests in “The PMP Exam Prep” from Christopher Scordo
Recommendations
1.Learn the PMBOK process as a PM. Try to understand them and see the importance of the inputs, tools, techniques and outputs. I did not memorize the ITTOs because it was too much, but by understanding the logic and how you would apply it to your daily work will be good enough.
2.Memorize the Process chart in the PMBOK of page 43 and all the formulas. Practice writing them once every day in your last two weeks.
3.Your last week, slow down, and review everything by listening the PrepCast. Pay attentions to the exam tips.
4.The day before the exam don’t study anything.
5.The test questions are as hard as you will find in the books I studied, the time will run fast, but it is enough.
6.You should take at least two breaks during the exam, one after the first 100 questions and the second after you finish. You should reserve 60 to 45 minutes to review the marked questions.
7.Don’t spend too much time in each question, just choose your best answer and mark the ones you have doubts.
8.Your last 60 to 45 minutes will be to review your marked questions.
9.After studying go confident to the exam, you will be ok.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login