fbpx

Reply: Passed First Time, 12 weeks for prep

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed First Time, 12 weeks for prep

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 8 months ago #1565

Robert Coleman

I had a 12 week plan for preparation for the test. 1 month with the PrepCast, 1 with a study book, 1 taking practice exams. It actually was more like 6 weeks before I had gone thru the PrepCast material. I went thru Quality and Risk twice...which I found very helpful....as it had been 10 years since I have studied for any type of exam. The last 6 were a combination of the Achieve PMP Book and the PMBOK and test questions. I probably spent about 200 hours.

My first pass thru the PMBOK was not very helpful.

The PrepCast was by far the BEST tool for my prep. Using it both in the car with my iPhone but also, after reading a PMBOK section and with it in front of me, where I could stop and take notes in the PMBOK was very helpful for me.

I also purchased and used the formula guide and the problems were very helpful in learning to use the formulas. I went thru the problems about 3 times.

I purchased but did not use the Rita Mulcahy book, but found the Achieve PMP Exam success book a good add on review from my PrepCast/PMBOK study. I also used the test question bank on the CDROM for 4 full practice tests. Interestingly, this book/test questions use a different numbering scheme and methodology for schedule network diagrams. I found this confusing (Day 0 vice Day 1 and some other issues).

All of the PrepCast advice with respect to taking the test was very helpful. If took me a little longer (3h10m) than my practice tests (2h30m) but I was not surprised. The test was similar to the test question depth and content on the Achieve PMP Exam success CDROM.

I am very happy to have found the PrepCast. Thank you very much :)
Bob Coleman, Chesapeake, VA

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login