fbpx

Reply: PM PrepCast - Lessons Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PM PrepCast - Lessons Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 9 months ago #1539

Allen Sagan

's Avatar

I had a definite plan for studing for my PMP.
I first studied the Rita Mulcahy book and took all the tests at the end of the chapters.
I also joined a local study group discovered the Head First PMP study book. This was totally different from the structured Rita book and it explained why the answers were correct and why some were not - very helpful.
After going through both books and taking all the exams, I was tapped out with book studying.
Then I started listening to the PM Podcasts. This was a great reinforcement and a validation that I actually knew the subject matter that I had read & studied for so long. Lastly, I just started taking online tests for 2 weeks straight just before the exam (there are many free links to test questions that got me into the mode of 'timed test taking'). Cornelius provides a lot of information on sites that are very helpful in your study.
When I took the exam at the end of the podcast I passed with flying colors. I now knew I was ready.
After listening to Cornelius's presentations and his tips and PMP testimonies I felt much more at ease. When I took the certificaiton test, I hardly needed to do much of a brain dump - a few equations and that was all. Cornelius really helped me commit the processes and knowlege areas to memory where I actually 'knew' them and did not need to memorize or refer to notes. What a relief. I had a great feeling of confidence when I started answering the questions as I could eliminate 1-2 answers right off the bat.
I think the PM Podcast greatly solidified my knowledge, and it was the most relaxing studying I had done. I have recommended his the podcast to everyone I know who is studying for their PMP.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login