fbpx

Reply: PMP Lesson Learned

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP Lesson Learned

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 9 months ago #1529

Milan Doshi

's Avatar

Hello,

I passed my PMP exam this last Friday! What a journey! I'd like to post my lessons learned:

Study Strategy:

1) Read Rita's PMP Exam Prep book in parallel with the PMBOK. This means, read one chapter of Rita's book, and the next day, read the cooresponding chapter in the PMBOK. This will help drill the information in your head a bit easier. If you want to go crazy, listen to Cornelius' Podcast on day 3, to have that concept completely understood!

2) Purchase Cornelius' PMP podcast, it is WELL worth the 100 bucks (rather inexpensive). He is very personable and is easy to understand. I listened to him frequently on my commutes, which helped a LOT.

Practice Exams:

1) Try to get an 80% or above on all Rita's PMP questions in the PMP prep book

2) Take the free 200 question headfirst exam online. This exam is easier than the PMP. Shoot to get above an 80% on this one as well.

3) The best 4 hour simulation I found for free was from PMstudy.com. Truly excellent quality, and I found the PMP exam to be as difficult as these questions. I scored a 69% on the free exam; however, I purchased a second exam from PMstudy and scored a 75%. If you are scoring in that range, I think you'll be find on the actual exam.

4)_Do not, and I repeat, do not waste your time taking the effectivepmc.com 4 hour simulation. Horrible exam, with horrible grammar and syntax.

Other study aides:
1) Subscribe to a PMP google or yahoo group. The questions and conversations helped.

2) Google "Ritas process game" and you'll find a nifty online program that simulates her exericse.

3) Bookmark deepfriedbrainpmp.com. EXCELLENT website, which really simplifies difficult PMP concepts.

That's all folks. Do the above, and I think you'll do just fine.

Milan
13 years 10 months ago #1514

Lalit Kumar

's Avatar

Hi All,

I passed my PMP exam few days back. Well exam was not that much tough that I thought. I used below study materials

1) PMBOK Guide 4th Edition
2) Head First
3) PMP Exam Prep- Rita
4) The PM Prepcast

Mock Test

1) PM Study all 4 tests
2) The PM Prepcast sample questions
3) Head first sample test paper
4) Questions from PMFinal

My suggestions

1) Read PMBOK guide twice
2) Rita book once, focus on the topics not covered in PMBOK
3) The PM Prepcast - ITs an excelled resourec. I used it after reading the chaper from PMBOK, its clarified my all doubt and revised the lesson too.

Note: You can skip rita book if you are listening this prepcast sincerly as it covers all the PMBOK topic + extra topics required for exam

Mock Exam:
I would recommend

1) PM Study test paper
2) check PMFinal mock test papers

Cheers!
Lalit

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login