fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam 25th March (1st attempt)

Passed PMP exam 25th March (1st attempt) 14 years 1 day ago #1411

• Chun Chieh Tan
  • Chun Chieh Tan's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi!

Congratulations to all PMPs in this forum.

Here's my brief notes to aspiring PMPs, a narrative can be found on my own blog http://jez4christ.com/view :
1. Treat the PMP exam as a Project. Use Google Calendar and setup milestones, SMS and email alerts etc.
2. Joined PMI as member, read the latest copy PMBOK 4th ed. PDF. Easier to read contrasted to 3rd ed. previously studied. But a lot more easier to read after going through PM Prepcast/Andy Crowe's at least once.
3. Relied on PM Prepcast to view the videocasts at home, listen to the audio on the move on mp4 player after converting to mp3.
4. Used the PM Prepcast's email guides to get summary of topics and test on sample questions included.
5. Relied on PMP Exam eFlashCards and load on mp4 player to 'learn' on the move.
6. Studied Andy Crowe’s “The Pmp Exam: How to Pass on Your First Try” before PMBOK. Any doubts I have with the content I will validate with PMBOK.
7. Read "Practice Standard for Work Breakdown Structures—Second Edition" from PMI.
8. Read "Practice Standard for Project Configuration Management" (PMI).
9. Read "Practice Standard for Scheduling" (PMI).
10. Read Chapter 4 on Delegation, Authority, Responsibility, Accountability, and Reliability from "The Human Aspects of Project Management: Organizing Projects for Success, Volume One by Vijay K. Verma" (PMI).
11. Read "Practice Standard for Earned Value Management" (PMI).
12. Read "Practice Standard for Project Risk Management" (PMI).
13. Read Code of Ethics (PMI).
14. Read blogs e.g. Deep Fried Brain.
15. Joined forums/groups e.g. PMHUB and PMPBEST and read the discussions and updated guides/files.
16. Test myself on sample questions databases found online, books and in PMP Exam eFlashCards.

thanks a lot,
James Tan, CISSP, CISA, PMP.

Here's the link to my 'longer' version LL=> http://jez4christ.com/view .

Re:Passed PMP exam 25th March (1st attempt) 13 years 11 months ago #1423

• Cornelius Fichtner
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • President, OSP International LLC
  • Thank you received: 606
James - Congrats on passing your PMP Exam!
Until Next Time,
Cornelius Fichtner, PMP, CSM
President, OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login