fbpx

Reply: Passed the Exam 4/2

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed the Exam 4/2

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
13 years 11 months ago #1395

Bob Schneider

's Avatar

What did you think of the "Ready Set Pass"? Is it worth it? I'm trying to avoid spending more money than I need to.

I've been studying with the Prepcast, which I've liked quite a bit, and a book by Rita Mulcahy. I've found some free questions from a site called PMStudy.
13 years 11 months ago #1386

John Sommer

Thank you Cornelius...You have an excellent product. I felt very preprared...I knew after 10 questions that I would pass the exam. Your advice was spot on.

John Sommer, PMP
13 years 11 months ago #1385

Cornelius Fichtner

John,

I'm speechless. Please accept my sincerest condolences for the passing of your father but also my happy congratulations for passing the PMP exam.

I believe that your dedicated preparation was a major part in helping you to pass the exam under such straining difficulties. I'm glad to hear that my PMP exam prep products were helpful to you.
13 years 11 months ago #1384

Sameer

's Avatar

John - Congrats for Passing the exam in such difficult circumstances. This shows your dedication, hard work and effectiveness of the sources you used.
Am sure all aspirants (like me) will find your lessons learnt helpful.
Good thing to know - I am using most of the resources you have mentioned here.
Hope to share my lessons learnt and +ve result in coming weeks.

Cheers,
Sameer
13 years 11 months ago #1383

John Sommer

I just passed the PMP exam....Here are my lessons learned:

I started preparing for the exam on 12/27/2009. I submitted my credentials at the end of December and they were accepted shortly after.

After some research, I found the PM Study Coach on-line and purchased the program. Shortly thereafter, I purchased the PM Prep Cast and flash cards.

I used the PM Study Coach, the PM Prep cast, the PMBOK guide and the Prep Book Achhieve PMP Exam Success by Marget Chu, Diane Altwies, and Janice Preston. I followed the process laid out in the Study Coach, read the material and listened to the PM Prep Cast each day.

I began taking sample questions in February. I purchased the questions from Ready Set Pass and managed to find some free questions on-line. I took a total of 4 practice exams and reviewed close to 750 sample questions. I passed each of the 4 practice exams and was feeling fairly confident in my ability to pass the test.

I studied diligently approximately 90 minutes each night and planned to use the last three weeks before my exam date of 4/2 as review.

One week before my exam, my father, who was in a nursing home nearby, became gravely ill. Three days before my exam, we had a very large storm and my basement flooded. The night before my exam, my father died piecefully with all of us around him.

Needless to say, I wasn't able to prepare the week before my exam. However, I still felt confident given my results on the sample exams and all the work I had put in the weeks/months prior to the exam.

PMP Exam impressions:

I found the PMP exam straight-forward and well written. I found it to be similar in difficulty as compared to the sample exams I took. I found myself very comfortable and took a five minute break every 50 questions.

I was very happy with the PM Study Coach and Prep Cast. I felt very well prepared.

Thank You!

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login