fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP Exam on 1st attempt

Passed PMP Exam on 1st attempt 6 months 2 weeks ago #30898

• Craig Caskey
  • Craig Caskey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I first started studying for the PMP exam in fall 2022 then life happened. I rescheduled it 1-2 times. I took it yesterday morning and scored "Above Target" on 80-90% of the exam.

Lessons learned for me was setting aside time when I was most able to absorb information or read the PMBOK guide. I woke up 1-2 hours earlier than everyone else in the house, made myself some coffee, and reviewed my material. I listened to the PrepCast like a podcast back to back last fall, then this year, I watched the videos at 1.25% speed, while reading the book. Seeing and hearing the information multiple times helped.

Another thing I did was I also got on YouTube and would watch snippits from other trainers just to see what they said on various topics.

Not sure if this was what I was supposed to say on here, but if I can help anyone else, let me know, within reason and within the bounds of the PMI ethics code, of course.

Passed PMP Exam on 1st attempt 6 months 2 weeks ago #30899

• saba asif
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Craig, Congrats on passing! What a great relief and accomplishment it is that your hard work paid off!!

Do you know the % or breakdown of questions that you experienced on the exam? Were they mostly Agile/Waterfall/Hybrid or did they have an equal amount of distribution on the exam?

Also, in your opinion, did you see questions similar to the PrepCast or the PMI Study Hall (if you took it)?

Thanks,
Saba

Passed PMP Exam on 1st attempt 6 months 2 weeks ago #30904

• Craig Caskey
  • Craig Caskey's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
I feel that all 3 were well represented on the exam equally. You need to pay close attention to the wording to determine which was being referenced.

It was a lot of situational questions which was like I saw on the Prep Cast and accompanying exam simulator. I didn’t use the PMI study hall.

Passed PMP Exam on 1st attempt 6 months 2 weeks ago #30906

• Beto L
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Craig,
Congrats on your exam! You must be relieved! :)
Could you please which videos, podcast you are talking about in the PM pre Cast?
Do you have the links?
Thanks
Fabio
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login