fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed in my first attempt

Passed in my first attempt 9 months 4 weeks ago #30642

• Javid Najafov
  • Javid Najafov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Took an online PMP Exam - yes, I had to. We don't have Test Centers in my country, and the nearest Test Center for me was either in Georgia or in Dubai (both 1 hour flight, with all further inconvenience as you might imagine).
I read the threads here in the Forum, regarding the online exam - so, I was pretty scared of the "horrors" that could happen to me.
I booked a hotel room (a pretty fancy one - for a good internet connection, at least 6 MBit required! - yes, again that could be a pretty standard for your particular country - but not so much so for some other countries).
The exam was pretty smooth - I took photos as required, unplugged the TV that was on the wall near the hotel room desk (good thing that I did so, as proctor asked if that is connected - I showed her a removed plug), and went into the exam. The proctor was quite polite and straightforward, and I did follow her instructions (there were not many of them). I did not move out of camera (frankly, if you are sitting in front of the laptop - that pretty hard to do that), I did not mumble the questions nor opened my mouth or something (I probably did - naturally, but I do no remember that), I did not look outside of the camera (I kept focused on the exam), I took all my exam breaks (before standing I told my proctor that I am leaving for a break - she replied OK, but return before the time is up - and so I did).
Frankly speaking, I was a bit surprised about the questions - maybe that is my exhaustion, but I was (I wont' tell details, sorry). Though I should tell - the screen/interface is absolutely white - so be prepared for staring at white screen during long hours - it is exhausting.
I lost my motivation, after Q50-ish, I started to feel that I am dumb or something alike, I felt that I do not understand the question, or two or more answers are good enough - something like that. But I forced myself to chug along and finish the exam. I think that I even did not do all the questions (if I remember right - I was cut off for answering the last two). I did not mark the questions, did not return back to review the marked ones - so, imagine that everything that I supposed to do was completely obliterated.
When exam ended I felt like crap - and awaited the notification that I failed.
Surprisingly, the message was positive.
I went to Pearson Vue site to check the results - AT/AT/AT.
So, long story short. Study Prep Exams - review all questions - that is really important! And! Don't lose your faith, even if you feel like crap during the middle of the exam!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gerry Pedraza, Philipp Schneider, Archie Wayne Kearney

Passed in my first attempt 9 months 4 weeks ago #30644

• Sameer Menda
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Hi Javid,

Congratulations on clearing the exam! I am glad that all your efforts and hard work have been paid off. Take time to celebrate and good luck in your future endeavors.
Sameer Menda | PMP, PMI-ACP, PSM II
Community Moderator

Follow: twitter.com/corneliusficht
Like: www.facebook.com/PrepCast/
Subscribe: www.project-management-podcast.com

Passed in my first attempt 9 months 3 weeks ago #30658

• Daniel Soerensen
  • Thank you received: 19
Javid,

Many congratulations in obtaining your PMP credential! It is one of the most daunting exams I took in my life, so I know exactly how you felt during the exam. Unfortunately for some people, test centres are not easily accessible and people have no other choice than to do the exam online like you did. I must say that you are very brave for doing this exam online rather than a the centre, but I am very glad everything worked out well for you. I wish you the best in your future goals and aspirations.

Cheers,
Daniel Soerensen, PMP, CSPO

Passed in my first attempt 9 months 4 days ago #30688

• Efren Ruelas
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Me too at the first attempt, thanks a lot PrepCast the best simulator in Spanish...

Passed in my first attempt 8 months 4 weeks ago #30698

• Rochelle Martinez
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 7
Congratulations, Efren! Please don't forget to share your lessons learned.
Best regards,
Rochelle Martinez
VA Team Leader
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login