fbpx

Reply: Passed, 1st Attempt, ATATAT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed, 1st Attempt, ATATAT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 3 weeks ago #30320

Daniel Soerensen

Ian,

Congratulations on this huge accomplishment! I am glad you took the time to prepare for the exam as it is definitely not a small feat. Take some time to internalize what you've just gone through and what this means to you as a professional. Personally, getting the PMP three months ago made me see my potential in a whole new light. Go out and celebrate!

Cheers,
1 year 3 weeks ago #30318

Ian Teng

I am pleased to announce that I have achieved my PMP with 3 AT on my first attempt.

Due to a pretty busy work and personal schedule, I only really had a month to study, schedule in and prepare for the exam.

My story isn't anything special, just mustering the energy to put in 2h a days worth of time to watching all the pm prep cast videos (which helped a tonne) and doing daily quizzes on the sim.
I honestly only had time to finish a single mock exam on the sim before taking my exam.

I really appreciated the feature that allowed me to do mini 10 question quizzes at a time, which I felt was a good way to test my understanding on the separate domains of knowledge.

My take aways from the exam and my study experience are:
1. know your agile (I am a CSM and I feel that background helped me get though majority of the questions)
2. time is not your friend (finished the whole thing with minutes to spare, so watch the clock and don't spend too long on a single question)
3. do lots of mini quizzes as you study the video content to test your understanding and revise the stuff you got incorrect.

All the best to the rest of you all.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login