fbpx

Reply: Passed PMP exam - 1st Attempt - 3AT

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : Passed PMP exam - 1st Attempt - 3AT

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 1 month ago #30303

Daniel Soerensen

Great work Deon, congratulations! After I finished with the 4 simulation exams I also decided to do the timed quizzes and would spend roughly an hour going through 60 questions since that's how the exam is broken down with the 10-minute breaks. With a full time job and a family to look after as well, I found the quizzes were really helpful as I was not spending more than an hour or two doing the quizzes and reviewing the answers. Fortunately, my wife took care of our two-year old at times so I could complete the simulation exams as well. All in all, similar to your case, I found the exam was really not difficult after putting all that work. Take some time to celebrate this huge accomplishment!
1 year 1 month ago #30253

Stan Po - Admin

Deon,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 1 month ago #30252

Deon Duncan

I am so relieved.
Coming down to the days before the exam i felt stressed. Felt like I didn’t study enough or could have done more. My Simulator exam scores were so so - but I decided to stick with it and it went well!!

My lessons learned:
1. Stay honest to the material - in the beginning of my journey I thought I could just read the PMBOK 7 - which I did In it’s entirety and then be ready for the exam. I knew i needed to do some practice exams and my colleague recommended PM prep cast since it had multiple tests and quizzes and he told me the podcasts were really helpful. So I signed up. And truly, the quality of the podcast was next level.
Having it handy on my phone so I could move around, without having to be stuck infront of a computer allowed me to power thru them.
2. Practice Practice Practice - even though i learned so much from the podcasts themselves, the simulator is really where i understood the material and how the exam would feel like. I also did one practice test on the RMC simulator, and PM prep Cast simulator is far superior. Mainly because- after an exam I was able to review the incorrect answers, and the simulator gave detail explanation for the correct answer - but tells you why the other options were incorrect. So reviewing the incorrect answers was actually studying. The PMBOk reference was also available per question answer - so it made it really easy.
3. Sign up for the exam early - i chose to do it in a center just to be safe. But the dates were not plentiful ( i thought there would be all sorts of timeslots, etc) but these centers Pearson vue - do all types of exams - not just PMP so it is all by daily capacity. So I had to choose my exam date even after doing only some quizzes.

The main selling point are the quizzes. Finding 4 hours for a practice test, with a full time job and a family and other responsibilities was difficult. But with the quizzes you can still spend an hour or 2 daily doing some questions and reviewing the answers. Reading up topics I got wrong etc.
some days, all I did was review incorrect questions from previous exams I took, that way when I did get a free 4 hours, which turned out to be about 1 time per week - i was still able to get solid hours of study/ review by doing an hour here, 2 hours there.

Thank you PM prep cast team & Cornelius!!! :)

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login