fbpx
Congratulations! Let us know your lessons learned and how our products have helped you prepare.
Please remember that you are not allowed to discuss any specific questions that you encounter on the exam.

TOPIC: Passed PMP exam 2AT 1T - Lessons Learned

Passed PMP exam 2AT 1T - Lessons Learned 1 year 6 months ago #29849

• Undina Tavares Varela
  • Undina Tavares Varela's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone,

I passed the PMP exam yesterday with 2AT (People and Process) 1T (Business Environment)
Prepcast helped a lot. It was really worth it.
The biggest advantage of it is that it has full exam simulators, which help to train the brain to remain focus and manage your time.
I took the 4 mock exams, and I also repeated exam 1 and 2. I was scoring between 75% and 85%. Each time I went through explanations, no matter if my answers were right or wrong.
Prepcast questions are really similar to what you will have in the exam: situational questions.
I answered all questions in 3.5 hours and took the 2 10min breaks.

If you can take the test at a test center, do it! I had 2 very bad experiences with online testing, which causes lot of stress, cases to be opened, waiting for support answers.... Finally, I took it at a test center

I studied around 3 months to prepare with an average of 10Hrs/week. I could have tried to pass the exam earlier, but was not feeling confident enough.
I used the following materials:
- PMPBoK 6th and 7th edition. Do not rely on the 7th edition only, that will not be sufficient for understanding the processes and how they interact
- Ricardo Vargas for understanding interactions between the processes:

- For Agile, I read lot of articles and watched maybe 3 times the video from David McLachlan

- I also found this PM illustrated content that was really helpful for me since I am a visual learner: www.pmillustrated.com/

PMP certification is really a long journey. Take your time to study, look at plenty of different sources of information, train yourself with mock exams and be patient.
I wish you all good luck and hope you'll be certified as well.
Thanks again to Prepcast for the excellent content of the materials.

Bye!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tu Nguyen

Passed PMP exam 2AT 1T - Lessons Learned 1 year 6 months ago #29853

• Stan Po - Admin
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
  • Thank you received: 129
Undina,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
Regards,
Stan Po, MBA, PMP, PMI-ACP, CSM, CIPP
Product and Program Manager
OSP International LLC
Moderators: Yolanda MabutasMary Kathrine PaduaJohn Paul Bugarin

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login