fbpx

Reply: PMP exam passed I on 19 Jun with 2 ATs and 1 T for Biz Env

Name
Your e-mail address will never be displayed on the site.
Subject
Topic History of : PMP exam passed I on 19 Jun with 2 ATs and 1 T for Biz Env

Max. showing the last 6 posts - (Last post first)
1 year 9 months ago #29539

Stan Po - Admin

Howard,

Congratulations on passing your exam!

Thank you for sharing your success and lessons learned. We are glad to hear that our products helped you prepare for and pass your exam.

Good luck in all your future endeavors!
1 year 9 months ago #29534

Howard Cheng

I passed my exam with Above Target in Process and People domain and Target in Business Environment domain.

I spent almost a year to prepare for the exam as I am a busy person and mostly study during weekend. I had been studying with outdated materials which mainly focus on predictive until I watched some PMP prepcast's video and realised that the exam would be half Agile and postponed my exam date. On top of this, there was one or two month time I had to spent less time on studying PMP and allocate some time to study technical materials during weekend for my current job and I had to postpone my exam further. Then I took a Rita mock exam and got low marks and I was so frustrated that I postponed my exam date again, which is a wrong decision as Rita is harder, Rita's 70% should be equivalent to prepcast's 80%. Without all these setbacks I could have completed my PMP exam journey earlier.

During the course of preparation, I read PMBOK6, PMBOK7, Agile Practice Guide and Rita Exam Prep and did Rita and PrepCast mock exam plus a few mock exams I purchased from Udemy. It is unfortunate that we have to read both 6th and 7th edition to play safe as PMI does not confirm PMBOK6 will be phased out after PMBOK 7 was released, however, after reading PMBOK 7, I would say PMBOK 6 and 7 supplement each others and don't let PMBOK7 scare you.

I definitely recommend prepcast mock exam to everyone with an additional tip: wear mask when you take mock exam if you will take an on-site real exam and that real exam will require you to wear mask. Taking mock exam also help you customise your timing strategy, for me it is 75 mins for each of the 3 parts with an extra 5 mins at the end as a buffer. Rita mock exam is more challenging and contains very lengthy questions which can strengthen your exam taking skills. It is so important to gain intelligence about the latest exam and DO READ THE ECO and use update-to-date and QUALITY exam materials even they cost you some money, they do worth your investment.

After my exam journey come to an end, I will probably stay away from management materials for a while to get a rest but I will probably need help from prepcast to gain PDUs and renew my certificate.

OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
OSP INTERNATIONAL LLC
Training for Project Management Professional (PMP)®, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®, and Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®

Login